COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Good morning John. Good morning all. It's hard to be glum when the weather is as glorious as it is today.

Two lawns cut (neighbour's back lawn later), daughter's car taken in for service and MOT, off to Yoga shortly.

Only spanner in works is the load of washing I am having to redo because I forgot to put the soap in. It was still on the counter :D

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
Good morning John. Good morning all. It's hard to be glum when the weather is as glorious as it is today.

Two lawns cut (neighbour's back lawn later), daughter's car taken in for service and MOT, off to Yoga shortly.

Only spanner in works is the load of washing I am having to redo because I forgot to put the soap in. It was still on the counter :D

morning mum:)

sily billy :rolleyes:

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA

I'm so glad I"m not the only one who does things like that!!!:rolleyes:

I discovered this morning that when I loaded the dishwasher last night, I had set a tall plastic cutting board too close to the door of the machine, and it blocked the opening of the little hatch that holds the dish soap so it wasn't able to open fully and still had soap in it. DOH!!!!!:confused: Reset!!!!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Today is hubby's birthday, so we started the celebration yesterday by going into New Orleans with some friends to brunch and a live jazz show at BB's Stage Door Canteen, which is a small part of the D-Day Museum. We've been to several shows there. The performers are always high quality professionals and we always enjoy it.

View attachment 208248

The highway driving into New Orleans is not the most picturesque part!!!

View attachment 208249

The D-Day Museum in New Orleans is enormous-several buildings. It's pretty amazing.

View attachment 208250

BB's Stage Door Canteen is a smallish venue, which is part of why we like it. There are photos and memorabilia on the walls. The smiling lady in this picture is my friend Anita.

View attachment 208251

...and this is her hubby, Hillary. He's a recently retired medical theoretical statistician who used to teach at the medical school. He's quite droll. He says statistics is for people who find accounting too exciting. :)
View attachment 208252

One of the fun things about the Stage Door Canteen is that after the show, the performers always line up in the exit area so that you can take pictures, speak to them, shake hands and get your picture taken with them if you like. These performers were AMAZING!!!!!!!! We had a wonderful time!!!!
View attachment 208253
Happy birthday to Hubby and what a great way to spend it.
I love the costumes!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

I can beat that one - I once heated some soup in the microwave which is simple enough - but forgot to put it in!:rolleyes:
I wondered where it had gone when I opened the door then turned around and it was on the table!
I have also made myself a cup of tea in the morning - only to find one already made which I had no recollection of doing.
I either have a very hospitable ghost or I was sleep walking!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all.
I hope you are all having a good week.
The madness of moving and assessments continues but half term next week...Hooorrraaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!
I will be going into school to continue packing and recycling but I will have time to myself too.
What a scorcher this week has been! Too hot for me today :cool:
I was climbing the Sugar Loaf mountain in Abergavenny yesterday. There was quite a nice cool breeze and we were all properly prepared but it was a challenge in that heat and with a bunch of tetchy boys. I was only a few hundred yards from the top with the instructor and most of the group when my phone rang and I had to go all the way back down as one lad who was walking with 2 TAs refused to go any further . So I went down and they caught up with the rest. He has a cold and it was making him very grumpy.
I was very grumpy after that too!

johnandjade

5 Year Member
scotland
2120... only 13hrs today. my mate with the garage at home picked me up from work:) AND... bought me beer!!! i waited outside in the beetle, and mentioned it was for sale to someone admiring my work;).

and the muchy shop owner who is always wanting work done as for his to be done tonight!!! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495744924.601056.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495744943.259170.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495744967.681003.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1495744981.660109.jpg

i could have done solo in 2hrs. andor my padawan helped so i took time to teach... he refused to take his share of the cash!!!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Good evening all.
I hope you are all having a good week.
The madness of moving and assessments continues but half term next week...Hooorrraaaaayyyyyy!!!!!!
I will be going into school to continue packing and recycling but I will have time to myself too.
What a scorcher this week has been! Too hot for me today :cool:
I was climbing the Sugar Loaf mountain in Abergavenny yesterday. There was quite a nice cool breeze and we were all properly prepared but it was a challenge in that heat and with a bunch of tetchy boys. I was only a few hundred yards from the top with the instructor and most of the group when my phone rang and I had to go all the way back down as one lad who was walking with 2 TAs refused to go any further . So I went down and they caught up with the rest. He has a cold and it was making him very grumpy.
I was very grumpy after that too!
WOW!!! You are certainly a lot more fit than I am!!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
WOW!!! You are certainly a lot more fit than I am!!!
The Sugar Loaf is one of our smaller mountains Bea, and many of our communities in Wales are on hills so I'm used to walking up and down them and pretty average fitness wise really.
I do have mild osteoarthritis in one knee which comes and goes but touch wood doesn't restrict me too much.