COLD DARK ROOM

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
The USA and the UK are frequently described as two nations divided by a common language.

It all originated in the UK, but those who migrated to the USA evolved the language differently to those back home.

It is frequently complicated by the large numbers of accents and dialects in the UK. John, for example, speaks English, but uses a lot of words that you will rarely hear outside Scotland (although they're usually understood by most in the UK)

We frequently end up translating UK English into US and vice versa in the CDR :D
This is one of the many things that make the CDR such a fun place!!:)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Ed, are you going to let Number 5 walk around wearing his eggshell until it falls off, or are you going to try and take it off??? It would drive me nuts!!!!;)
@ZEROPILOT
I helped him get it off

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Sorry, I haven`t identify this post as spam. :( I was wondering about the words of the post but did not regognize that is was spam:(.
No problem. Happens all the time. We try to help out the Moderators when we see a post advertising something or that has inappropriate content. :p

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Th two pet shps locally that want to buy babies from me are no good.
One sells baby redfoot on rabbit pellets. Dry. And the other has theirs on mulch, but with a high sided water bowl that the tortoises can't possibly get into to drink or soak.
I pointed these issues out to the management and nothing was changed. So.....Sorry. Not for sale.

Bee62

Germany
Th two pet shps locally that want to buy babies from me are no good.
One sells baby redfoot on rabbit pellets. Dry. And the other has theirs on mulch, but with a high sided water bowl that the tortoises can't possibly get into to drink or soak.
I pointed these issues out to the management and nothing was changed. So.....Sorry. Not for sale.

I would not sell the little ones to a pet shop too that keeps them so unaceptable. You have to be patient until the right new owners will find you. ;)

Last edited:

Bee62

Germany
The rabbit pellet guy has been a friend of mine since the early 80s and has a reptile store that sells animals on the internet. Too bad he knows everything. His Redfoot are so dry, there is actually pellet dust on them!

Poor torts. We all know what will happen to them if they stay so dry for a longer time..... It is very sad.
Since I have joined this forum I wonder how much baby tortoises don`t make it because of such simple things like the right temps and humidity.
It is so frustrating how many torts have to die a long, slowly death because people are so stupid !

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I would not sell the little ones to a pet shop too that keeps them so unaceptable. You have to be patient until the right new owners will find you. ;)
I wanted a reliable source that would take them off my hands as they were ready to go.

Bee62

Germany
I found this picture:
20o-CAMEL-SELFIE-facebook-400x289.jpg

Camel alert in the CDR ! Where is Adam for help ?????