Cherryhead weight

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Medford Oregon
there is no real set weight for any age that is a beautiful cherry tho love the marbling

pip the cherryhead

Ok thanks ! Also i have noticed that she doesnt eat much? She inly ever really eat her blueberry and some mushroom, doesnt touch the greens, is this weird??

Thank you!

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Ok thanks ! Also i have noticed that she doesnt eat much? She inly ever really eat her blueberry and some mushroom, doesnt touch the greens, is this weird??

Thank you!

it's not weird but it's not good blueberry's are alright on occasion don't want to just feed them blueberrys and mushrooms, Mushrooms are just a filler no nutritional value to them try cutting up her favorites really small and hiding them in the greens

you could even mash the blueberry's up into a paste pretty much in little container once you do that cut the mushrooms up tiny tiny put em in the paste then greens to the paste and stir it up really well so that the leaves are all coated with it thus if she wants her favorites she has to eat the greens to, I've never had a problem with my tort not eating greens so that's the best thing i could think of

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Do you see the position your little baby is laying in...with the legs spread out in front like that? That is telling you it is trying to expose a lot of skin to the heat source. The baby is not warm enough. Nine times out of ten when someone says their tortoise isn't eating it's because it isn't being kept warm enough.

pip the cherryhead

The temp at the heat lamp end are about 80 and the cool end is 70. The humidity is 70% ?? And thank u she is pretty

Turtlepete

South Florida
The temp at the heat lamp end are about 80 and the cool end is 70. The humidity is 70% ?? And thank u she is pretty

The temp throughout the setup should be 80-82. 70's isn't acceptable for a tort this young. Up your temps until it is 80-82 throughout, or say 78-80 at a cool end and 86-ish at a warm end. Humidity should be higher as well; aim for an upwards of 80-85%. This would explain the tortoises lack of appetite. High humidity and 82-ish temps is perfect for hatchlings, and they will have increased appetite with higher humidity as well.