Central Scutes Issue?

Sjsarge

Location (City and/or State)
Carlsbad, CA
Hi there. I got my Russian almost 4 months ago. He is most likely wild caught (unfortunately). He is very active, eats and drinks well. I'm concerned about his central scutes, they appeared to have some damage and are slightly concave. He has a calcium bar but I don't notice him eating. I'm thinking adding calcium powder would be a good idea but any other care suggestions? He eats organic dandelion greens, baby kale, and red leaf lettuce for the most part, and then in the yard munchies on some organic long leaf escrole, green lettuce, nibbles on strawberry leaves and roses every once in a while. He gets a couple soaks a week, he really hates them but he's getting better about them so I wonder if he should get more. Again he drinks everyday like clockwork after breakfast but he still has a heat lamp ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501859101.923617.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501859116.758030.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501859165.099071.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501859272.431293.jpgin the mornings. First couple months he lived indoors mostly in a 4x6 enclosure and was outside 2-4 hours a few times a week. The last month he has been outside 24/7, he has a heat lamp outside for mornings because we have cloud cover till about 10am. Highs in the day are mid to high 70's (yesterday 80) and night lows are around 68. He's super happy, very active. Just concerned these can become more of an issue, attaching some pics. The first couple pics are from this morning and then they get a little older back a couple months. Can't tell if it's gotten worse during that time, don't see a huge difference. Thank you.

Sjsarge

Carlsbad, CA
Here are some more close ups from today, hard to show what's going on in pictures. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501871972.587922.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501871983.288109.jpg

Kasia

Poland
It's not damaged, it looks normal, mine has a bit of roughness to its scutes as well, similar to yours. His all grown and it's nothing to repair/worry about:)
He is lovely by the way, take good care of him :)

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
He is an adult he will probably not grow much more, and it's not something that will go away. It's permanent but still just a cosmetic issue.
. He will be fine if he eats and is not bothered by it he's gonna be ok.

Stevieturtlelady

Texas
It can crack from being dry, that's what happened to one of my box turtles. You can soak him more often, but really, he's gonna be ok:)