Celery

phebe121

I bought celery to eat for myself I was wondering if I could share with my torts

Heather H

Location (City and/or State)
N.E. ohio
I'm betting no. There's a lot of sodium and no nutrition. I'm wondering if a few leaves would hurt. What are you feeding

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Yes, they can it eat it. It is high in water content, so limit it to small amounts or they may end up with loose stools. Keep in mind it's not high in food value, but as part of a balanced diet it's fine for them to have a small taste every now and then. Not everything needs to have high food value. ;)

phebe121

Ty my torts get grass, clover, dandelion, wandering new, spider plant, kale, spring mix, carrots, bok choy, pumpkin,

phebe121

Ty ya I wouldn't give celery a lot I just eat it and I like to share

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I saw a video of someone feeding their adult leopard a rib of celery. They held one end and like a conveyer belt, fed it into the chompers. It was cute, so I totally wanted to try it one day with a piece of my celery. (I don't think I've ever hand fed Levi and he's almost 3). He wasn't interested.... He wouldn't even try it. Lol. Maybe I should try hand feeding more often.... lol

You already have your answer that yes they can in moderation. Just thought I'd share my attempt at feeding the celery ;)

phebe121

My torts take food from my hands all the tome but i dont do it so much they depend on it ill try giving them some tommrow ill take pics