Can't have just one :-)

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I've had tortoises for a few years now. And one thing I've noticed, you always want more. At least I do. And from all the posts we see asking if a tortoise needs a friend etc. I'm not the only one. I saw A picture of the shirt the other day. It would probably be breaking a lot of copyright rules but I think we should adapt it to say tortoises. I see a new T-shirt design in the works :) :)

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1479696076.500948.jpg

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I love that shirt.
I ssssssssoooooooooooooo want more tortoises.
Of every species I see.
But I have this silly idea that Tidgy would feel neglected. :rolleyes:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just remember, if we have another T-shirt sale it's to make money to keep the forum online. And the busier the design, the more it costs to have made up. We made a nice profit selling this last batch for $15 apiece, but that's pretty expensive for a stupid T-shirt. If we have to charge more because of a busy design, not many people would buy them, no matter how cute they are.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Just remember, if we have another T-shirt sale it's to make money to keep the forum online. And the busier the design, the more it costs to have made up. We made a nice profit selling this last batch for $15 apiece, but that's pretty expensive for a stupid T-shirt. If we have to charge more because of a busy design, not many people would buy them, no matter how cute they are.

I know it would be to raise money for the forum. So maybe photo shopping or whatever a bunch of different breeds wouldn't work too well. Maybe some sort of hand drawing a few species would work. Like the shirt this year just with a few more tortoises. I don't know, I'm just throwing it out there. I just thought the shirt was pretty darn cute, and it shows how addicting chickens can be, just like tortoises.

Steve_carter

UK

Absolutely & totally agree. I see this is an non profitable form. Just a giggle & never know could be great to contributed to the forum. It's a good job I have my own design studio isn't it with all printers & presses. ;) & with the up to date printers it doesn't really matter if it's full colour, one colour. In some cases, solid colours are more expensive than the busier colourful ones. With my courier dispatch contract I can ship worldwide at a good rate so I shall see what costs are involved in this too. But at this stage, couple of funny drawings. See if any interest is generated. Keeps my brain ticking on less stressful projects I have going it might make me relax. Haha!

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
That looks really cool ! You do nice work Steve !
t2020.gif

Steve_carter

UK
Thanks all. Not to blow my own trumpet but I like it myself. Haha. Maybes if we get some interest in these we can move forward in producing. I can ship worldwide too. :D

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I love that shirt.
I ssssssssoooooooooooooo want more tortoises.
Of every species I see.
But I have this silly idea that Tidgy would feel neglected. :rolleyes:
I only have a couple of torts ! ( leopard torts 23 , 6 Russians , 7 herrmans , 3 Egypations,3 marginals , 6 Greeks , 2 pancakes , ? Az desert torts ,9 box turtles and I don't think any of them feel neglected ! But know it's very hard to see me getting any different ones , maybe will add to the the groups !