(Canada) cherry head tortoise wanted :( cant find any

zainab al-jobouri

Location (City and/or State)
montreal,qc Canada
hi

i am looking for a cherry head tortoise for 100 -150 baby one and i live in montreal it is so hard to get one:(:(:(:(:( found in florida for 100-150 but they dont ship to canada :( and i want to get one for my bday

if anyone can help it would be much appreciate it

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
go on vacation to florida for your b-day, pick one up there and fly it back with, or ship yourself:) good luck:) they are so tots adorbs so i get your drift of desperation:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
go on vacation to florida for your b-day, pick one up there and fly it back with, or ship yourself:) good luck:) they are so tots adorbs so i get your drift of desperation:)

Just a reminder, no talking about illegal actions are allowed.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Can't bring tortoises from the states into Canada.

Canadian tortoise prices are much higher than American prices. You will not find a baby for 100 or 150 dollars. You are looking at minimum 450-750$ for a hatchling cherry head. Plus shipping.

It's unfortunate but that's the reality of our situation. Torts are harder to breed and keep in Canada due to our weather, and we don't allow imports.

I know c and c tortoises appears to be a reputable source for hatchlings in Canada.

Good luck.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Just checked. C and c tortoises has cherry head hatchlings for sale at 475$ plus shipping. This is a good deal in Canada.

They have red foots for 400$ plus shipping. If you aren't set on cherry head.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
turtlesandtortoises.com have cherries for 150, they have international shipping pretty sure, i just do not know the rules, contact them

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Yes. It sucks that our torts are so much harder to get and so much more expensive. Our regulations are also very unfair in a lot of locations.
On the plus side, we have a lot of healthy, captive bred specimens and far fewer issues with parasites, etc, as Americans see in wild caught imports.

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
Yes. It sucks that our torts are so much harder to get and so much more expensive. Our regulations are also very unfair in a lot of locations.
On the plus side, we have a lot of healthy, captive bred specimens and far fewer issues with parasites, etc, as Americans see in wild caught imports.
on that note, how can you tell if the tortoise has parasites or not?

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I'm not the right person to answer that question! But hopefully someone comes along who knows more!

the Turtle Shepherd

nowhere
I'm not the right person to answer that question! But hopefully someone comes along who knows more!
I looked it up and it sounds like the tortoise will start acting sick if the infestation is bad, got this from https://www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/parasites.html

"Signs to watch for indicating that your tortoise could be infected:

Refusal to eat, weight loss, anemia, lethargy and depression, vomiting, diarrhea, spluttering small amounts of liquid from the mouth, "gurgling" sounds when breathing and dehydration/malnutrition from a reluctance to feed or drink."