Can people please help me identify my tort?

TamaraS6

Hiya,
I adopted this lovely little tortoise off a neighbour, he wasn't a well man and had a stroke, in and out of hospital etc. so I've taken 'her' on. Was told she was a horse field tortoise and a girl tortoise because she was quite bigger than what a male horsefield would be... However, she's got 5 front toes and 4 back toes which therefore leads me to knowing that she can't be a horse field.. Can anyone help me identify her please? And is my lil tortoise even a girl? I'll post the photos I have of her on my iPad at the moment and will take some more when I'm back because these photos aren't the best at all!

Thankyou!

Tamara

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 39

Rue

Location (City and/or State)
Canada
I believe she is a Hermann's! :)

I think female is correct too...but I'd need better pictures of her tail area.

surfergirl

still working on my skillz but looks like an Testudo hermanni boettgeri also known as an eastern hermanns tortoise.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hiya,
I adopted this lovely little tortoise off a neighbour, he wasn't a well man and had a stroke, in and out of hospital etc. so I've taken 'her' on. Was told she was a horse field tortoise and a girl tortoise because she was quite bigger than what a male horsefield would be... However, she's got 5 front toes and 4 back toes which therefore leads me to knowing that she can't be a horse field.. Can anyone help me identify her please? And is my lil tortoise even a girl? I'll post the photos I have of her on my iPad at the moment and will take some more when I'm back because these photos aren't the best at all!

Thankyou!

Tamara
A cute little Hermann.

And a very warm welcome to the forum to you, both!