Can I put a mvb on a timer

Location (City and/or State)
Central Kentucky
Here is what I use:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/SYLVANIA-6...e-Br30-Incandescent-Flood-Light-Bulbs/3388182

Just a "regular" incandescent flood. Not for plants. Not colored. Not LED or cfl. I've never even looked at the lumen output.
OK I got all these lights today I have a 65 W flood lamp in the dome right now heating up and I'm going to test the temperature and I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a variety of flood lamps considering I only paid a dollar apiece for them at flee market. I don't care to raise and lower basking lamp lol. I plan on using the fluorescent tube lights just as an extra somewhere in the enclosure paid seven dollars for all the bulbs there's 24 of them and two dollars for the fixture figured it was a good darn good deal better jump on that. I'm loving that I finally found an animal loving hands on hobby!

Attachments

• IMG_0760.JPG
    IMG_0760.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 10
Central Kentucky
I would make the walls at least 12 inches taller than the substrate. So with 6" of substrate, you'd need 18" tall walls, for example.

"L" shaped tables are great!

The lighting set up I recommend would be fine. You can add more lights if it seems dim, or leave it as is if it seems okay to to you.

The UV bulb can be mounted right next to the other tube, or you can put one bulb on each leg of the "L" too if you like. Its not critical and it will work either way.
Hey Tom I finally got done with my L table and I was wanting to know can I mount my basking lamp in the corner ?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey Tom I finally got done with my L table and I was wanting to know can I mount my basking lamp in the corner ?

I think the corner would be a great spot. Then the tortoise could see the "sun" from either end of the "L", but also move away from it in whatever direction is most comfortable on that day.