Caging

dl450

How does this setup look he proper lighting I just took off the top so I could get the arial shot, but any feedback is greatly appreciated (the cage is 24.5" by 17.75") and that's a food dish not a water dish he gets soaked and I give him water once to twice a day to avoid him pooping in his cage and kicking substrate into it

Attachments

• IMG_3765.JPG
    IMG_3765.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Look good, I would sink that water dish even with the substrate or get a terra cotta saucer. It's still a bit small, you could get a piece of PVC and hook 2 of them together with a tunnel.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
I have several torts and turtles in clear totes or glass with no issues. If you see a problem then yes you can always cover it.

I would suggest putting a water dish in there at all times.

dl450

I have several torts and turtles in clear totes or glass with no issues. If you see a problem then yes you can always cover it.

I would suggest putting a water dish in there at all times.
Thank you :)

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. One thing i would be careful of is the log/hide in the corner. Your tort might easily be able to crawl up on top of the log, slip down against the plastic side, and get caught (possibly on his back). I would put the hide in the center so if he does crawl up and fall off he at least won't get trapped against the side. Personally, I like hides that torts can't crawl up onto.

Id also sink the food dish down into the substrate, so it's level or below. It's difficult for torts to see, know that food is up there in that dish. It's more natural for them to move to food and water and drop their heads down to eat n drink.

von345

Looks ok. I would put a water and food dish in there and then give him some outside time to spread his legs. Other than that your on the right track