CACTUS DAY // HAPPY ALDABRAS

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
I get a missed phone call today on my aldabra number with a message. This sweet older lady said she is calling about her cactus and one of her neighbors told her that i trim hers and haul it off. Then continues and ask if i could call her back and trim hers. I called and went right over. She was grateful and the cactus was beautiful and very green with no bugs or worms. I always ask if they want me to trim extra, dead pieces, etc. and pick up all the fallen rotten cactus as a courtesy. I always leave my card and ask them to call whenever they need a trim and clean up. Moral of the story, I have established many contacts this way and is a fantastic free food source for the tortoises.

IMG_7387.JPG IMG_7393.JPG IMG_7430.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great idea. They don't know how much they are helping your torts. But holy cow you really gave that cactus a trim:D

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Wow, what kind of cactus is that? I've never seen anything like that in my life. I guess I've never lived where those things would grow.

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
Great idea. They don't know how much they are helping your torts. But holy cow you really gave that cactus a trim:D

The growing season in S. Florida is year-round, and those cactus grow like you can not believe. That cactus will likely grow back even bigger by this time next year.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
The growing season in S. Florida is year-round, and those cactus grow like you can not believe. That cactus will likely grow back even bigger by this time next year.

~ Exactly, they will call be again and it will be bigger and more new growth than last time!