Burmese stars

Killerrookie

I'm curious, if you keep breeding Burmese with little bit of blacks spots could you eventually make it to where they have little to none?

KenS

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
I highly doubt it. Unless one hatches out solid yellow! I could only wish!!!

Killerrookie

I highly doubt it. Unless one hatches out solid yellow! I could only wish!!!
I've seen many breeders breed other reptiles to get to where they have no spots or very little. That's generation to generation tho of breeding for 10 or more years.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I've seen many breeders breed other reptiles to get to where they have no spots or very little. That's generation to generation tho of breeding for 10 or more years.
10 years for animals that mature in 9-12 months would literally take more than a man's lifetime to do this with tortoises.

Killerrookie

10 years for animals that mature in 9-12 months would literally take more than a man's lifetime to do this with tortoises.
Yeah you're right. I'm no expert or anything when it comes to genetics and breeding at all. I want to get into breeding Chameleons tho and it's my project I've been wanting to do. Tortoises are nothing like a gecko or Skink.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yeah you're right. I'm no expert or anything when it comes to genetics and breeding at all. I want to get into breeding Chameleons tho and it's my project I've been wanting to do. Tortoises are nothing like a gecko or Skink.

Well I'm no expert either, but I've read that you can breed panthers or veiled chameleons at 9-12 months of age.

Killerrookie

Well I'm no expert either, but I've read that you can breed panthers or veiled chameleons at 9-12 months of age.
Yeah I've been reading about chameleons on the chameleon forum and it's been super helpful and other various websites. I'm excited! I've never bred anything before.