Buddy walked inside !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Nice looking Aldabra, looks quite at home. Our Sully does the same, sees an open door and wanders in for a snack and a head rub.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Gosh he's pretty. You're doing a great job with him. How old is he now?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
About 28 years old
Seems he would be bigger for being 28. Yvonnes aren't that old and look much bigger. How long have you had him? He's very pretty. Do you put something on his shell or does he just not have any dirt in his enclosure area?

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
I'm Buddy's 3rd owner. His first 2 didn't really know how to care for him. They didn't even know what type he was. He only had grass his first 23 years. I had met both owners. So Buddy grew slow and steady. Too fast can be harmful. Their bones can't keep up with rapid weight gain. In my observation.
Buddy is very healthy and his legs are incredibly strong

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm Buddy's 3rd owner. His first 2 didn't really know how to care for him. They didn't even know what type he was. He only had grass his first 23 years. I had met both owners. So Buddy grew slow and steady. Too fast can be harmful. Their bones can't keep up with rapid weight gain. In my observation.
Buddy is very healthy and his legs are incredibly strong
I'm thinking the first years/owners put him behind. From what I have seen they don't grow that slow. I don't know any healthier and better cared for then Gregs and I don't think any of his babes have grown that slow. As long as he's healthy though, that's what counts anyway, no matter how fast or slow and he looks great too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It could just be the pic too that he looks smaller. Most I have seen pics of are up on all fours.

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
Ahaha, that cracks me up! What a big stinker! :<3::tort::tort: He wants to visit with mommy in the AC. ;) I can't wait until I get my future Aldabra!! What does your HOA say about him? :confused:
The city I live in allows 5 reptiles per household. I don't think they thought about the big ones! Lol
My HOA and entire gated neighborhood loves buddy. I take him for a walk on weekends and they just love seeing him I keep plenty of celery around for the kids to feed him