Bucklebury update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Terry must've been busy with the camera (and a handful of plums) yesterday, as I got updated pics of Bucklebury, too!

First, remember this pic at 2 days old???
buck8002.jpg

Boy has Big Buck changed!!!
BUCKLEBURY.jpg

SLURP.jpg

It's been so neat to "watch" him grow, even if via pics! Can't wait to see my sweetie in person!

tortania

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Oklahoma
He is a realy cutie Kelly! I bet your anxiously awaiting spring like me:cool:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Wow Kelly...his colors have really darkened! He's a beaut!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
He is beautiful Kelly. Love how his reds are coming in. Lucky you. I know you must be like the woman on the Mervyns ad but instead of "Open, Open, Open," You saying "Spring, Spring, Spring." Here's Hoping spring gets here fast for you.

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow! How did you rate getting pics! I'm getting two Red Foots from Terry, & like you, am
anxiously waiting spring!!!!!
btw neat name!!! Ya wanna name my two.LOL
Kay

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I LOVE NAMING THINGS! LOL! Bucklebury is from Lord of the Rings (it's a place), I use lots of LOTR names/objects/places for my torts, as well as lots of Japanese words, and then... lots of random stuff! LOL!

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ok.....so how about it...two names please. My Red Foot that I got from the pet shop is.........."Turtle" ta da!
See I need help. I have a Bearded Dragon & it's name is Buuud from Rudy on the Cosby show.
I can't remeber her friends name, but she called him Buuud cause she liked it better.Hehe

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
ROFL I remember Bud! That was priceless!

Well Okay tell me some things you like... TV shows, music groups, nationalities, what??? Male or female or unisex names???

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yes unisex as I won't have any idea of sex for some time. I like strange & unusual names.
I have named soooo many birds over the yrs, that I am named out. Oh! I need three please.
You talked me into the Leopard! I think I will pickit up tomorrow! Shhhhh don't tell hubby!
This is how I'm spending my $600 extra from the IRS. Hehehe
I may have to get a job just to feed the critters!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
YAY for the Leopard!

okay just some SUGGESTIONS!

first, I LOVE Dr. Suess names, so here are my favorites from "Too Many Daves"...

Buffalo Bill & Biffalo Buff
Weepy Weed & Harris Tweed
Paris Garters
Sir Michael Carmichael Zutt
Oliver Boliver Butt
Zanzibar Buck-Buck McFate

OR you could go with these Mythological Turtle names (or names that tie in to myth stories)...

~In Chinese tradition the creator goddess Nu Gua cuts the legs off a sea turtle and uses them to prop up the sky after Gong Gong destroys the mountain that had supported the sky.

(DUDE GONG GONG ROCKS!)

~Ijapa the tortoise is a trickster in a cycle of tales told by the Yoruba of Africa

~Hinduism, Akupara is a tortoise who carries the world on his back.

~One avatar of Vishnu is said to be the giant turtle Kurma

~In Japan ... The tortoise is an attribute of Kompira, the deity of seafarers.

And then of course there are Totoises in literature & Movies
~Morla is the giant turtle in The Never-Ending Story
~Dr Suess has Yertle the Turtle
~Alice in Wonderland has "Mock Turtle"
~Beatrix Potter has MR ALDERMAN PTOLEMY, who is a tortoise
~In another book there is a turtle called Cassiopeia
~the books by Terry Pratchett, the Discworld rests on the back of the gigantic star-turtle Great A'Tuin. In the Discworld novel Small Gods the Great God Om manifests as a tortoise.

WHEW OKay, I know you just wanted me to NAME them, not give you IDEAS! ROFL!

If it were me, the two Reddies would be... Narya (it's a Ring of Fire from LOTR), and Vilya (it's the Ring of Saphire or the Ring of Air) - there is a third Ring, Nenya (Diamond/Water) from LOTR if you like that better ---- YES I AM A NERD!
And the Leopard would be... Jambi (it's from a Tool song! LOL!) OR Reznor after the NIN guy! :p

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
or oooo you could do ULYSSES AND ODYSSEOUS! Rockin'! Uly and Ody! Okay not quite unisex but still cool!

I also like the name Cricket for a tort.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
OoooOOOOooooOOOOOO OR Wilson and Hawes, after Grant and Jason from Ghost Hunters! I love those guys!

Okay I'll shut up now! See what you've started! :p

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
WOW Kelly, you can come up with a bunch of names!!!! I need some names to...I have 2 res that need names, right now I call them piggie and tiny.. Piggie is almost four inches but is definatly looking more male, but who knows yet. So they need names, my youngest named the largest Tuck (wonder pets) instead of yertle (he didn't like it). I also need a name for a DT that is coming sometime. (not that I ever call them by there names - but I do put there names on there health sheets.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Tuck is good, I like that! Well take any of those above name suggestions.

A DT needs a hefty name, like The Hulk, Mr. T, Thunder, Everest (after the mountain), Behemoth (Bee for short) OR an ironic name like Flash, Pee-Wee, Huggles... Or just something cool, like Spork, Tommy, Canyon, or Paddy (since it's almost St Pat's day).

As for the RES... ew, turtles! ROFL! My son named our turtles! I think I like Skipper and Gilligan for them, or Skipper and The Professor! ROFL! Mr. Howell and The Professor! PERFECT!

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Whoa! Ohhhhh.My brain hurts! Girl did ya have all that just tucked away in your head?! LOL
Well the Leo will be Jambi! I'm deciding between Narya,vilya Akupara & am really leaning towards Zanzibar
for the RFs. It's funny...I was going to name a macaw Cassiopeia once. I love Greek myths!
Thanks Kelly!!!! I'lllet ya know my final decisions.

Dreamer

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jambis Home!!!!! He rode home in my sweatshirt pocket, & wouldn't ya just know it! He pooped right inside it!!!!!
Oh well so goes the life of a tort keeper!!!! I'll try to get pics soon!
Jambis was also the name of the alien child in "Enemy Mine"

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Pooping in your pocket means he loves you! CONGRATS ON HIM!!! GREAT CHOICE OF NAMES!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.