Bubble From Nose

Location (City and/or State)
Hong Kong
My tortoise hatchling has been having clear bubbles coming out of her nose... when I gently touch her nose a gooey clear substance comes out, it has happened 4 times but the this is the first time with gooey stuff. She eats and roams her enclosure looking for food, doesn't seem sick at all ... I even tried Kamp Kenans way of telling if a tort has RNS , you have to tilt your tortoise so its nose is facing down and if bubbles come out it could be a problem, after seeing a bubble i tried this but nothing came out ... ive had this tortoise for a few weeks

zovick

10 Year Member!
I just saw the bubbles again... my tortoise yawns sometimes

These are classic signs of a respiratory infection. The next symptom will most likely be "clicking" noises when it breathes. If you don't treat this condition soon, it may get even worse and even kill the tortoise. I would recommend taking it to a god vet.

Hong Kong
These are classic signs of a respiratory infection. The next symptom will most likely be "clicking" noises when it breathes. If you don't treat this condition soon, it may get even worse and even kill the tortoise. I would recommend taking it to a god vet.
The clicking sounds dont happen all the time only sometimes

Hong Kong
My parents wont let me take my tortoise to the vet unless i pay for it myself .... Im just a kid i dont have money

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Your tortoise definitely has a respiratory infection. Im only a tortoise rookie, but I think you should soak it in a warm 50/50 ratio of carrot baby food and water.

zovick

10 Year Member!
My parents wont let me take my tortoise to the vet unless i pay for it myself .... Im just a kid i dont have money

Show your parents this thread and then see if they will let you take it to the vet. Tell your parents you will do work for them to pay them back the costs of the vet visit. It is probable your tortoise will die if it is not treated.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You can warm up the enclosure a bit . But it could be the setup giving your tortoise health problems. Post a picture of the setup with temperatures. We can tell you how to make adjustments.

Hong Kong
Show your parents this thread and then see if they will let you take it to the vet. Tell your parents you will do work for them to pay them back the costs of the vet visit. It is probable your tortoise will die if it is not treated.
Ive said i would do work but they say im gonna mess it up... She said "Your tortoise is probably not sick! Its just water, we'll see in a few months." And i say "The longer we wait the worse it will get and the harder to treat, unless you want my 600 dollar tortoise to die then i dont know what you want." And she says "SHUT UP!!!!!! OR I WILL SELL YOUR TORTOISE!!!"

Bee62

Germany
Ive said i would do work but they say im gonna mess it up... She said "Your tortoise is probably not sick! Its just water, we'll see in a few months." And i say "The longer we wait the worse it will get and the harder to treat, unless you want my 600 dollar tortoise to die then i dont know what you want." And she says "SHUT UP!!!!!! OR I WILL SELL YOUR TORTOISE!!!"

That is sad ! Sorry that your mum don`t understand that your tort is sick.
Tortoises having nose bubbles longer than a few minutes is always a sign for a beginning respiration infect. All experienced tort keepers will tell you the same.
Show this your mom. She couldn`t be so hard hearted .....

Sabine

Bee62

Germany
How do i post pictures without using url?

Do you have the pics on your PC ?
When you post a new answer there is a button "Upload a file" next to the "Post Reply" button.
With upload a file you can search for pics on your PC and upload them in your post.

Hong Kong
A few
That is sad ! Sorry that your mum don`t understand that your tort is sick.
Tortoises having nose bubbles longer than a few minutes is always a sign for a beginning respiration infect. All experienced tort keepers will tell you the same.
Show this your mom. She couldn`t be so hard hearted .....

Sabine
My tortoise stopped having bubbles but now he has wet stuff from his nose.. its not dripping out its just that you can see it shiny around the nostrils but it happens very quickly and it becomes dry again

daniellenc

Maryland
The bottom line is without antibiotics your tortoise will die.......

Brian Perry

My tortoise hatchling has been having clear bubbles coming out of her nose... when I gently touch her nose a gooey clear substance comes out, it has happened 4 times but the this is the first time with gooey stuff. She eats and roams her enclosure looking for food, doesn't seem sick at all ... I even tried Kamp Kenans way of telling if a tort has RNS , you have to tilt your tortoise so its nose is facing down and if bubbles come out it could be a problem, after seeing a bubble i tried this but nothing came out ... ive had this tortoise for a few weeks

My stars have had bubbly noses for years and it has never developed into anything severe. I used to worry. Now, I ignore it. If your tortoise is roaming around and eating, it is most likely fine. Why do their noses run? I have no idea.