Brumation questions

Tortoisegirltexas

Hi,
I posted three weeks ago about my male Hermann's who quit eating after we moved him to a different enclosure. I have had him to the vet twice and the vet determined that he had become severely dehydrated and we thought that was why he wasn't eating. And, he had a lot of gas on his x-rays. We just got blood results back today and all the values were normal, except we have over hydrated him. The vet had been concerned about kidney damage as his reason for not eating. Now the vet is saying that because he is hydrated and his values are normal, he may just be brumating. He is drinking water but all he does is lay under his light or go to his hide. We are going to soak him weekly now and weigh him every day for the next two weeks. If he continues to not eat and loses weight, we have to decide to put in a feeding tube or start syringe feeding him. But I don't know how much more money I can convince my husband to spend on him (he hasn't fallen in love with him).

He is going on three weeks of not eating. His weight is down 3 grams (he was dehydrated) from when we first brought him to the vet, but down 54 grams from when he was weighed when he was over hydrated.

Has anyone had any thing like this happen to them?
Could stress cause brumation?
How long would it last if it wasn't triggered by temps or daylight hours?
Any suggestions for getting him to eat?

We have only had him since May but we love him so much already.

Tortoisegirltexas

His hottest spot is 95 and the coolest is 75 during the day, with cypress mulch and eco earth with moist and dry spots. He is in an elevated table that is 41/2 x6. There are two hides and a large spider plants to provide hiding spots. Non-heated half of the enclosure had brown fabric over it. I was advised to keep him quiet and warm. Outside he was in an 8x4 bed with garden soil. 1/3 deep shade, 2/3 overgrown with weeds with several hides. He was inside at night at around 70. He always stayed in the deep shade side or buried himself in the dirt and grass on uncovered side. When he was moved out front, there was more shade from the house, and not as many weeds to provide shade. There were three large spider plants. I screwed up and didn't realize how hot it actually was in the new pen outside. Since he has not been eating he has been inside. Haven't loaded pics to computer yet. Vet was satisfied with what I showed him on my phone.