Brown/dry skin?

Mattshu

Heya! Im completly knew here but i really need help with my RF tortoise
His name is Toki and hes about 6 months old. I got him recently from a reptile store and had him for a few months now
Lately though, I noticed his skin cracking on his neck and eventually turning brown. I tried to keep humidity in his cage up and let him out in the balcony everyday. I also soak him every once in a while. The mark keeps getting bigger

I usually feed him lettuce, brocolli, strawberries, squash, an occasional small piece of meat , flowers, bananna slices, basically lots of things you can find in the super market

He eats and acts normally just as he always does, but im still worried if something bad will happen to him, so what is his problem exactly and how can I fix it??
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_1524.JPG
    IMG_1524.JPG
    915.1 KB · Views: 22

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. @ZEROPILOT might be able to help with the skin and maybe a better diet idea. I'm thinking too much fruit might be getting fed and not enough soaking.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It just looks like normal skin shedding to me.

Tortoises can look downright tatty when shedding. It wears off as your tort goes about its business.

That said, it is worth checking on the enclosure parameters. What's the humidity and temperatures?

What heat and light do you use?

Photos of the enclosure and lighting save 1000 words!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I rub mine down with ev coconut oil it seems to condition the skin and those scales. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493420431.975063.jpg here is mine before and then ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493420504.250700.jpg after EVCO rub and Tucker ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493420828.762742.jpg