Breeding

Dharam

Is their any specific period for the Indian female star tortoise to become receptive for male's sperms or its just in general any time you introduce male?

And if we see them mating once would the female be ready to mate again or only after laying eggs would she mate again?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Tortoises can breed throughout the year. There are some times of year that do trigger increased activity. This normally will coincide with the monsoon season and the rains. They can and will mate several times if kept together. So there can be a lot of activity and repeated mating up to the egg laying season.

dr-green69

india
hey is there any specific egg laying age in star tortoise?? bcoz i have a female star and shes seem quite old by its looks shes a giant around 15 inch long so i was wondering is she still fertile??

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
hey is there any specific egg laying age in star tortoise?? bcoz i have a female star and shes seem quite old by its looks shes a giant around 15 inch long so i was wondering is she still fertile??

I've heard that tortoises can reproduce right up to the day they die, that their bodies don't age like ours do.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

No there isn't, and yes she is most likely still fertile.

dr-green69

india
I've heard that tortoises can reproduce right up to the day they die, that their bodies don't age like ours do.
hey bro if u dont mind can u share few pics of ur enclosure i need some suggestions for my own enclosure.

Dharam

Provide their pics please, I want to see a 15inch star tortoise..!!