Breakfast in the nursery!

Alicia Hoogstra

@ Darell1738 I want to build new enclosures for my babies and use old windows like you have.....do you have any instructions on your enclosures?
BTW...what cuties!!!

Darrell1738

@ Darell1738 I want to build new enclosures for my babies and use old windows like you have.....do you have any instructions on your enclosures?
BTW...what cuties!!!
When I built mine, I started with how much space I had available. I'm pretty sure it's a 5'4'4 . I used non toxic pond sealant on the bottom of my cage to make it water proof, and added an additional plastic liner on the bottom. Because I wanted live plants planted throughout the cage. If I had the cage to do over again, I would make the lip on the cage that holds the substrate back taller. My cage has about 5 inches of substrate. And I wish I would have made it about 8 inches deep. I also would have added another vent. But that is just a personal preference!

P.s. I'm a firm believer that alittle bit of fruit is actually good for sulcatas because it gives them more water content. Plus I only use as a treat every other week! And tonight they got some fresh pear! They are tearing it up as we speak! ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493930501.886173.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493930513.803792.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1493930526.587112.jpg

Alicia Hoogstra

Thank you so much for all of your info! I appreciate it very much! I'll take your advice into consideration when building mine.