bleach smell

ReddyFreddy

5 Year Member
I just sprayed bleach on my carpet to clean, and now my room smells faintly of bleach. Could the smell harm or irritate my tortoise? I know when bleaching supplies to rinse and dry till no smell remains, but i cant really do that to my carpet.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Minor bleachy smell from that distance probably isn't a big deal. To be safe, I'd run a fan to blow the smell away from the tortoise and dissipate the fumes more quickly.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yipes! Bleach on the carpet? My aging mother (with a bit of old age dementia) cleaned up cat poop on her carpet then washed the spot with bleach. From then on and forever and ever after, her nice, brown carpet had this big, white spot on it.

ReddyFreddy

5 Year Member
Yipes! Bleach on the carpet? My aging mother (with a bit of old age dementia) cleaned up cat poop on her carpet then washed the spot with bleach. From then on and forever and ever after, her nice, brown carpet had this big, white spot on it.

lol, carpets white, or at least it`s supposed to be!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Make some more big white spots, it will look authentic and trendy.