Best water dishes?

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, FL
We are building an outdoor enclosure to move our sulley out there and we have always used the base to a clay pot for his water dishes. They are still big enough for him but I feel they need to be a little deeper. By the time he gets in and sloshes the water out I'm filling it multiple times a day. What do you guys use for water dishes that won't get too hot , we are in Florida and I'm afraid to use glass and him burn himself?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings, sully keepers use all kinds of vessels/containers for outdoor watering holes. The top portion of outdoor birdbaths make nice solid containers, as do large terra cotta plant saucers, even small cement mixing containers that are sold at the big box stores. You can sink any of these containers down level with the ground and mr sully can easily crawl over and soak or drink, etc. easy to wash out and keep clean with a garden hose.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
Okay thanks for the advice guys I guess I'll just try to go for a larger terracotta saucer right now because he's not that big and maybe as they get larger they get a tad deeper.

Camdens tortoise

5 Year Member
Tampa, FL
@Tom, I have a few more questions die you about the outdoor enclosure were making for Mr. Frog. If it's not on this topic should I just write it here anyways or is there another way I can contact you for some quick advice?

If its outdoor and you have a lot of space, build a small London about a inche deep and use a tiny tiny tiny filter to keep it clean, Id just dig a little and use pond liner and around the edges just put rocks, or you can dig a hole and fill it with cement

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
@Tom, I have a few more questions die you about the outdoor enclosure were making for Mr. Frog. If it's not on this topic should I just write it here anyways or is there another way I can contact you for some quick advice?

This is your thread. You can ask anything you like here, or you can make a new thread for new questions. Whatever you prefer.