Best plants for tortoise

Greg Earnest

I have aloe, grape vine, and cactus, what are the best plants that are nutritious I can plant?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Take a look at the tortoisetable.org.uk or it's something like that. Whole long list of good and bad plants/foods and some that are okay sometimes.

LucyLady

Tortoise table also has an app. Also, I am wondering... I let my Lucy roam around the great outdoors for most of the day. She eats whatever she wants outside. I trust her instincts on the choices she makes for food. Is this a good way to go or should I be worried she is going to eat something poisonous?

Greg Earnest

Tortoise table also has an app. Also, I am wondering... I let my Lucy roam around the great outdoors for most of the day. She eats whatever she wants outside. I trust her instincts on the choices she makes for food. Is this a good way to go or should I be worried she is going to eat something poisonous?
What is there app?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Here's a good list
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread...ises-marginated-greeks-russians-sulcata.5823/
and Lucy, I wouldn't trust a tortoises instincts.
They will eat anything that looks interesting or smells nice from paperclips to rocks and pins, from poisonous flowers to pizza.
Keep the tortoise in a safe enclosure with plants you know are good to eat, or supervise what she is eating in the garden very carefully.

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas

Nope. Not a good call. They are like babies and will put anything in their mouths and eat just about anything. One here on the forum swallowed a stick pin the other day and they will often munch on anything outdoors. Always make sure the things she has access to are 100% tort safe.

LucyLady

Thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it. And the app is called TTT plant database. Thanks guys!