Best On-line shop for tortoise supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

That depends on what you want. I for instance use several different sites...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I buy most stuff at the hardware store. For everything else, I like LLL Reptile. They are also a supporter of our forum.

tertansin2

5 Year Member
Tom said:
I buy most stuff at the hardware store. For everything else, I like LLL Reptile. They are also a supporter of our forum.

Thanks for the info. How are they with shipping?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I prefer LLLReptile, service is great! Shipping is very good, typically UPS ground if its not a live animal. If they do make a mistake, as we all do, they correct it quickly and ensure your happy! No run around!

M

Maggie Cummings

LLLReptile is great with shipping and their customer service is good as well. I received a broken bulb and called them about it and they shipped out a replacement immediately without question.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
tertansin2 said:
Tom said:

Thanks for the info. How are they with shipping?

Great. Never had a problem. You order it and it shows up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Tertansin2:

934263aa07tbtadk.gif
to the forum!!

I've been happy with my orders from LLLReptile

tertansin2

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
That depends on what you want. I for instance use several different sites...

I just want to shop at one place. So I'm looking for the online place that has everything and the best prices.

Ter

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:

Yep! LLLReptile! I also use ebay seller dorisviola for opuntia pads (thornless)...This last order, she sent me a ton to grow.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I buy different things at different places. I love the freshness and variety of seeds from carolinapetsupply.com

tortoisesupply.com has a nice inventory of items for turtles and tortoises, including the hard-to-find eye ointment.

lllreptile.com has lots of different kinds of lights.

I think if you limit yourself to only one place to shop you'll be paying more for your items. Shop around. That's the name of the game.

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
I like LLLReptile too. I'm fortunate enough to live down the street from the actual store, and I can vouch for them that it is a nice, clean environment and all their little guys are well cared for.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
TortoiseSupply.com used to be Bluebeast, right?

Kayti

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ashland, Oregon
DeanS said:
TortoiseSupply.com used to be Bluebeast, right?

Yep, same guy.

I use the google shopping feature- if you just search for an item, it shows you a list of prices to compare, and you can even calculate shipping. They have good reviews for a lot of products too. I ended up buying all of my ceramic heaters from an equestrian supply company, and they were way cheaper.

I've compared Reptile Supply and LLLReptile a bunch, and I usually find that Reptile Supply is just a tiny bit cheaper with shipping, but LLL has way better service and better selection.
Also, you'd be surprised how many pet supplies Amazon has, and usually with great prices too.

greeks

5 Year Member
New England
I've been happy with the low low prices and service of Pet Mountain. They are not exclusively reptile supplies but they have any of the ZooMed, Exoterra, and so on brands for quite a bit less. I order most of my bulbs in bulk from them.

Anyone else ever buy from them?

pebblelu

5 Year Member
I use to order from lllreptile and ordered for my neighbor from them. The reason I say use to is because one time i ordered over 200.00 for my neighbor gave them her name and credit card and they billed mine. When I called them they said I used my name name and her number so they just billed mine scents they had it on record, so I should just go get the money from her. I thought that was just wrong. If the name and credit card didn't match they should of got a hold of me, and than to tell me to go get the money from her instead of fixing the problem I think is just wrong. I could of sworn i put her name in but they said i didn't. I will never order on line from them again and i use to spend lots of money with them and got other people to order from them now I tell people not to.
Jackie

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
I've poked around on the pet mountain site and they do seem to have some of the lowest prices around. Can't speak for their service or anything like that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.