Best humidifiers and humidity help

Mikael

5 Year Member
So I have been reading lots and I know you can't keep the substrate wet but I have cypress mulch in the humid hide could I keep that wet or should I keep it dry. What is the best humidifier or mister or digger to keep the humidity up with keeping the substrate wet. Thanks for the help

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Puerto Rico
I have cypress mulch and I keep it always wet, spray like half a gallon of water two times a day and have repti bark for the dry side.

Flipper

MO, USA
I have cypress mulch and I keep it always wet, spray like half a gallon of water two times a day and have repti bark for the dry side.
You never have trouble with mold or fungus growing??

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Metro Detroit
I have 6" organic topsoil, then a mix of forest floor and coir. I've also thrown sphagnum moss here and there. Keeps it very humid.

As for a fogger, I wouldn't go with the ZooMed Reptifogger. It breaks easily. And while the company is very helpful in accommodating you, it's one thing after another. (For me anyway)

I've been browsing YouTube tutorials on creating your own homemade fogged and I'm doing it as soon as my cool must humidifier arrives in the mail. :)ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1403320540.420525.jpg

(Here's a pic of my substrate, no molding. HAHA see them hiding in their bedrooms? Lol)

DobbyRed

5 Year Member
Puerto Rico
Not me! I use the treated plywood for the enclousure and seal it with clear matte polyurethane and seal the joints with sylicone to make it water resistant. That way I dont have any fungus or something similar.