BEST DAY EVER!!!

KristaAZ

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
Morticia is going to the vet tomorrow. She has a recurring respiratory infection. Last year I had to give her shots. It was so sad. She is breathing loud again and I feel so bad for her. I can't wait until tomorrow to get her healthy again! She is such a sweet little love.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you so much Tom! I am excited that I had already seen/read the beginner mistakes so hopefully I am reading what I should so far! hahaha Morticia is a Az Desert Tortoise. Is their care the same as Russian? I am thinking the DT is similar to another species? I think it was Russian or Leopard maybe.

Both the russian and the DT are temperate species. Their care is identical. I treat babies and adults of both species exactly the same, the one exception being that I give the DTs some grass in their diet.

KristaAZ

Arizona
Both the russian and the DT are temperate species. Their care is identical. I treat babies and adults of both species exactly the same, the one exception being that I give the DTs some grass in their diet.

Thank you for the great info! At the vet yesterday her concern is that Morticia may have met some other torts and mated, or picked up some additional diseases. She said she looks great despite the respiratory infection. I have to give her a few injections of antibiotics over the next week and a half, along with nose drops twice daily. My husband is going to help me make a habitat in our backyard for her!