1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!
  2. Hey Guest! Pre-order your 2015 Tortoise Calendar TODAY! Proceeds go to keeping TFO online and FREE for everyone! Thanks for your love and support!

Behler Chelonian Center/ Turtle Conservancy

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by jobeanator, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jobeanator

jobeanator Member

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the Behler Chelonian Center/ Turtle Conservancy. I know the Behler Chelonian Center is in southern california, and the other place is in new york. I have to do a internship for my animal management degree at college, and i was wondering the best way to contact them or what. Anyone got personal connections there? any help would be good. Ive tried email and i didnt get anything. I love to experience working at this place for my internship, anyone can help me out there? let me know!!!
    -joby
  2. jackrat

jackrat Active Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    They aren't the best at answering e-mails. I ordered some videos from them and this was the biggest problem I had. All I can say is keep trying,eventually they will answer you.
  3. JeffG

JeffG Member

I have emailed them in the evening a few times, and always received a response early the next day. How long has it been since you emailed them?

They are intentionally fairly secretive because they keep their animals (which are mostly rare and endangered species) outside, and unfortunately if their exact location was public knowledge they would have major security issues to deal with.

There is at least one member of this forum that has connections with them, so hopefully you will get some more helpful information soon.
  4. jobeanator

jobeanator Member

yeah ive emailed them once, and they never got back to me which was dissapointed. they said theyre AZA accredited which is good, and the experience working there would be fantastic for me. I hope i can get someone to hook me up soon!
  5. ascott

ascott Well-Known Member

I would suggest trying and trying until you get a response...I believe you said you made only one attempt, right? :D
  6. Torty Mom

Torty Mom New Member

I agree, send them a message everyday!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.