bed a beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
i am in the uk . i am wondering what it is called over here and were i can get it?

any help would be great.

thanks
alan

Chucky

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. Oregon
It is actually shredded coconut fibers and is sold under many names especially for potting soil. You can probably find it at organic and specialty nursery places. Of course you can find it at some pet stores that carry reptile supplies.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
you might have better luck with mail order... a lot of people arent quite sure what bedabeast is and might not be clear on the whole coconut husk thing

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
mayo1985 said:
i am in the uk . i am wondering what it is called over here and were i can get it?

any help would be great.

thanks
alan

Alan,
I'm also in Europe, and I can easily find the bead-a-beast stuff in good pet stores.
Like it was said, it's coconut fiber, and comes in a brick-like shape. I used to buy this brand: http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/coco_husk.php (now I use unfertilized topsoil as substrate)

You add some water to the brick and it shredds when soaked for half an hour.

cheers,
Tiago

mayo1985

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
TestudoGeek said:
mayo1985 said:

any help would be great.

thanks
alan

Alan,
I'm also in Europe, and I can easily find the bead-a-beast stuff in good pet stores.
Like it was said, it's coconut fiber, and comes in a brick-like shape. I used to buy this brand: http://www.exo-terra.com/en/products/coco_husk.php (now I use unfertilized topsoil as substrate)

You add some water to the brick and it shredds when soaked for half an hour.

cheers,
Tiago

ok thanks for the replys.
i finaly got some eco earth (bed a beast) from this site in the uk https://www.livefoods.co.uk/index.php i was amaized how big it went.
the problem is as im in england and the weather is poor and i can not lay it out in the sun to dry it out.

is there any fast ways to dry it out?
does it have to be bone dry before i put it in the enclosure?

thanks alan

Dud

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
r coco husk the same as cocopeat :D

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
no no no you don't want it bone dry! let it be moist! just wring it out with your hands and put it in. you'd be amazed how quickly it dries out. you don't want it to get so dry that it's dusty, so you'll need to "water" it sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.