be excellent to each other

slickrickybobby

Location (City and/or State)
North Fort Myers
Hi! I'm RickyBobby from south-western FL and I am speaking for the most excellent Socrates (so-cratez). Socrates is a sulcata tortoise I acquired recently from a friend up north who could no longer care for him. He was living in cramped quarters and wasn't getting a proper diet. I'm not sure his age but he weighs about 50lbs. Now Socrates has my entire backyard to roam in, gets plenty of fresh greens, veggies, hay, and whatever he wants in my garden too. Socrates also is a proud owner of a cave system that goes under my shed probably to China. This is my first tortoise and found this forum while trying to figure out how to stop him from burrowing under the pool I want to put in. Any suggestions would be most excellent!
17097723_270437863379796_2741894611678886_o.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Welcome to you and Socrates. I don't think you can stop a Sulcata burrowing. They love doing it. If you're putting in a pool, I recommend you fence it off - actually, make that a wall... A very strong one

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you don't mind the cave under the shed, then just let him have that one. Chances are he won't dig another one if the shed is to his liking.