Baby tortoise no weight gain in 2 weeks

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I'm a little worried. My baby Cherryhead Redfoot tortoise hasn't gained any weight in two weeks. I'm a little worried. Could it be the cooler weather? He doesn't go outside but three times per day usually.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
I soak him twice a day. He doesn't seem to be eating as long. I installed a new fogger a couple weeks ago. The spout comes out just over his food bowl. I moved it a little a few minutes ago so that it wouldn't go right into his bowl. Could too much fog in his food be the issue?

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
i try to only weigh my red once a month i've noticed i'll drive myself insane doing it weekly or even every other week sometimes no gain some times he'll lose a couple points off the weight but if i weigh once a month it almost always comes up over what he was the last time

to much fog doesn't seem to be a issue to me as long as the temps are being met try moving anything close to his eating area around and if you can put a plant or something close to the eating area i've noticed my red will eat a lil run into the plants and come back out and do it all over again

also he could just not want you watching him eat lol

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
i try to only weigh my red once a month i've noticed i'll drive myself insane doing it weekly or even every other week sometimes no gain some times he'll lose a couple points off the weight but if i weigh once a month it almost always comes up over what he was the last time

to much fog doesn't seem to be a issue to me as long as the temps are being met try moving anything close to his eating area around and if you can put a plant or something close to the eating area i've noticed my red will eat a lil run into the plants and come back out and do it all over again

also he could just not want you watching him eat lol
I do have some new plants for him. I'll do some rearranging.

The little guy is certainly perky. He's been doing lots of wandering when I take him outside.