Baby testudo hermanni

palobo

Location (City and/or State)
Poland
@Tom
Thank you for respond. I have already spoken with 2 enclosure-makers, probably this week or next week I will get another one for younger. I'm trying to keep this substrate hydrated by puting inside 2 liters of water every week + spraying water few times each day.

I will make tests as soon as new enclosure will come, because at this moment I'm not sure which poop is whose.

Is it okay to take them outdoor now? I mean, I'm living on a flat, so every single outdoring is connected with puting turtles on transporter, walk for like 15 mins with them inside, then let them walk around grass for like 2-3h, and again put them back to transporter and walk back for another 15 mins. Or should I let them naturalize for couple more days?

And one more thing:
would 100cmx45cmx40cm be fine?

palobo

Poland
Hey!
Sorry for double post, but I'm a little bit confused about feeding hatchlings. Actually every single source I have found tells me something different. So I will ask you guys: how often should I feed my tortoises? Twice per day? Once per day? Three times per week (this is what Kamp Kenan is saying in his videos)?
Thanks!

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Once a day at smaller amounts or every other day with larger amounts of food. Amount and freqency can also be determined somewhat on food quality and whether your tortoise will always be indoors or also kept outdoors too. Best time to feed is always morning, an hour ir more after the lights go on.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Once a day, first thing in the morning for me.
If there's no food left at the end of the day, it wasn't enough and i will feed a bit more the next day. I don't think tortoises overeat if they have enough space to roam and exercise.

palobo

Poland
Thank you for quick respond!
Do you leave a plate with food for whole day in the enclosure so tortoise can eat whenever he likes, or you make them some meal-time (like 2 hours or so)?