Baby sulcata to good home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michelle85

Location (City and/or State)
San Jose Ca
I have two baby sulcata's I got them May 8th 2015 they hatched 4/24/15. After a lot of thinking I have decided I have to part with one of them I do plan to hold on to her for a few more months because I want to find a good home with someone who understand that owning a Tortise is a life long commitment and they are not low maintenance when they are young. I went into this thinking it was going to be super easy and cheap lol don't get me wrong they are not terribly hard to take care of if u know what you are doing and have proper set up and space. In my case it's a bit of the space and amount of extra time I have. I work full time have 2 kids and go to school so my time is very limited. When I got Dixon and Michael Angelo I thought since they were "family" they needed each other I know it sounds dumb but I didn't educate myself on sulcata's at all. Joining this forum I learned a lot and quickly realized I had to seperate them because my smaller one was getting sick and not eating due to Tortise bullying. Now with 2 different enclosures and lights running most the days I realize I just can't do it the electricity is going to go up I'm a single mother that lives in California the Bay Area of all places and honestly it's taking up a lot of my sons room and I don't have s huge place right now. So now I need to find a good owner for Dixon. This is not easy for me at all but M.A well taken care of by my son and originally that's who I was bought a Tortise for so I can't take his away. I'm not sure how to find a new owner for Dixion so I was wondering if I can please get advice on what to look for? Maybe point me in a good direction on where to go? I did refer to Dixon as "her" of course I'm not sure because they are babies but the woman that I got them from said they were all supposed to be males. I'm really not interested in trying to sell her I just want her to have a good life with someone that can care for her. I'll attach a photo of her as well just in case anyone on this forum is interested only thing is I'm in San Jose CA. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1446323579.141922.jpg

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
What a pretty baby. Sorry you are having to do this. l am going to move this to the adoption section where more folks may see it.

escurnow

5 Year Member
South Texas
If you are willing to ship, I'd be happy to give them a happy home. I'm in s. Texas.

Michelle85

San Jose Ca
How would I do that? If you are interested we can figure something out. I'm not trying to sell him and I'll pay for shipping I just want him to have a long healthy life with someone that knows how to care for him and has the space. I been spending a lot of time getting him back to his normal self again. If u seen my prior post it explains why.

Geno

I am very interested and have owned baby sulcatas before I live In Oregon please Pm me back for more info!

DonatelloTheSulcata

I have school every day 7 hours with babysitting jobs everyday, if you try really hard and love them enough you could still take care of them... I turn my baby 8 month old donnys light on every morning, 6:30 ish make sure to water him, spray his cage so its humid in there and put a little snack sometimes, when I get home, feed him from 4-5 take him outside while doing so, for 30 min to help with shell hardening,done by 5:30ish to 6 while having enough time to hangout with friends, cook/eat dinner with the fam, run errands, and turn off his light at 8 o clock, not that much time consuming

Michelle85

San Jose Ca
I'm only trying to fine one of them a good home. I find the time to take care of them I also have my son who is 9 years old that feeds and soaks them. If you read my previous post when I first joined the forum it kinda explains the situation. I have 2 of them and I noticed one of them was not eating and not active so I asked with all the responses I realized it was because I had them together so I did separate and things are better but I started thinking long term and with how big they get I think it's best if I find one a good home.

DonatelloTheSulcata

Ok, but if it was my baby Id make sure to ship him as close as possible to me as sometimes they suffer trauma, make sure you ask the owner where they work, if they have kids, any other animals, and MAKE SURE they do not interact with any other species of tortoises as babies no matter how friendly the other tortoise they may know each other but other tortoises might get jealous or try to dominate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.