1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

baby star tortoise needs new home mumbai India

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by Prashant, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Prashant

Prashant Member

Hello,
    Wanted good sound owner for the baby tortoise in mumbai(India) only..
    reason:
    I have two babies of indian star tortoises and they are suffering because of aggression and hence need to separate them for there survival.

thanks,
  2. Cowboy_Ken

Cowboy_Ken Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Greetings my friend Prashant,
    Is there any way you can build or create a separate enclosure for them both? From reading your posts on this forum, I am very much aware how important both of these tortoises are to you, and I've been in the similar situation as yourself, I've built multiple enclosures for them to live happy, peaceful, and healthy lives.
  3. the Turtle Shepherd

the Turtle Shepherd Active Member

hmm, i know nothing about this species but would like to educate myself: babies can be aggressive to each other? wow, what does it look like? are stars generally aggressive? I hope you will find one a new home, or i would separate as Ken suggests, but that is just me:)
  4. Prashant

Prashant Member

Hello @Cowboy_Ken I already have 4feet 2inch wooden enclosure box for them.
    I don't have a big apartment to accommodate one more enclosure box.I was not knowing that i will go from this kind of scenario if I get two babies.
    right now they are babies hence they need proper environment.In here there are temperature fluctuations.i have extra UVB light in case they don't get the sunshine in 2-3 days.and you guessed it right they are important to me .also want them to be happy and healthy regardless I am there or not.

@the Turtle Shepherd Yes one of the babies is aggressive and have extra ordinary personality.It follows other baby.sits right on the food.scratches shell of other with the help of claws. on the other hand, another baby is so peaceful and peace loving, it will collapse down with the stress but won't fight back.
    generally, have heard in odd no of groups the chemistry is balanced. but in case of the pair aggression might come.
  5. the Turtle Shepherd

so interesting... they are just like people, their own minds and personality:) i wish i were there:) stars are gorgeous:) any luck finding anyone in India? best wishes:)
  6. Prashant

Prashant Member

@the Turtle Shepherd No one approached so far
  7. the Turtle Shepherd

are there turtle and tortoise clubs where you live? if not - you should start one and see what may come of it:)
    Grandpa Turtle 144 likes this.