Baby Hermanns tortoise Soft Belly

Fan36466

One BIG question His belly is really soft I been feeding him carrots/Napa/BokChoy with Repti Calcium Uvb bulb with temps at 85-90 Does he have metabolic bone disease or? Since i got him he had a soft shell is that just because he is young?

He is pretty active after a soak / in the middle of the day
It looks like his shell is growing but... it doesnt have color to it like the shell grown but the edges are clear
UVB mercury bulb 100 wat
Eco Earth Substrate
Poop Wet but not runny
He is only 3 months old

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Metabolic Bone disorder does not cause the soft shell, it causes a misshapen shell sort of makes it look like a hat. Is there anything between the Tortoise and the light?

Fan36466

Metabolic Bone disorder does not cause the soft shell, it causes a misshapen shell sort of makes it look like a hat. Is there anything between the Tortoise and the light?
No there is nothing between it

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Young tortoises are born with soft pliable shells. With sunshine & calcium they harden over time. You usually only have to worry if they start getting softer.

Fan36466

Young tortoises are born with soft pliable shells. With sunshine & calcium they harden over time. You usually only have to worry if they start getting softer.
OK that calms me down alot THANK you so much