Baby Galap indoor set up.

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Here are some photos showing Darwin's night/indoor enclosure

Thanks Tom for all the help. I really hope I impressed you with the micro-Eco zone I created in my yard for my giants!
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470981401.289585.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470981423.303771.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470981444.792989.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1470981461.506870.jpg
I had these custom enclosure built for my albino water monitor. I was only using the top 2 for now. So here are the specs.

Complete solid alder wood 3/4" thick all around completely sealed for optimal humidity control. The background is the amazing part. It's from universal rock and made out of Indestructible 3m with a crushed rock sand overlay also 7" depth of 3D.
The original mold is called "lava rock wall" it is formed from an original casting!

24" fluorescent tucked neatly above the front glass. And a spot light that currently has a 42 watt flood.

Substrate is orchid bark fine grade "thanks Tom"

Big hide box and buried cork bark for climbing.

Zoomed thermagrow to monitor heat and humidity not connected to light just yet.
Located in the garage the night temp is 74-79 and day in 84-91 depending on the day. Not really sure where to set it at just yet.

Humidity is 90plus that's bark really holds its water :)

And just some small ceramic no glazed water dishes.

Looks plain wanted to add some lava rocks or something else but since there is no information on what to use for baby galaps I'll just wait

Hope you enjoy.
Last picture: he found his hide in 10 mins and tucked him self in the bark:):)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks fantastic.

I would keep night temps no lower than 79 ish until he gains some size. My only other suggestions would be to add another dish for food, and let the surface dry out a bit. You should be able to maintain some nice humidity in there with the lower substrate layers damp and the upper more on the dry side. I'm a big fan of two water bowls and I do that in many of my enclosures too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Nice. So the lizard are I the top ones? Wouldn't mind a pic of them too.
Also, um, share the micro Eco zone with us too:rolleyes:

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Nice. So the lizard are I the top ones? Wouldn't mind a pic of them too.
Also, um, share the micro Eco zone with us too:rolleyes:
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471055052.137256.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471055099.743457.jpg
Here he is, this is Wagu the NERD Tpos Albino.

As far as the micro zone it's simple I personally cause the drought in California, joking.

Its more theoretical or as kids say "imo" when we first built the yard i had two things in mind my plants and tortoise! I have always collected bromeliads and exotic palms and aloe trees a lot of the bromeliads coming from Brazil and various other parts of South America. Flower beds have a lot of crushed lava rock and sand helping humidity. The grass stays wet 365. The bromeliads have beautiful cups of water that they use to store the water and with a little heat creates lots of humidity. But the best part is location location location.
I live about 30 mins from the beach but we get this morning fog/costal cloud covering that come in every now and then and all the plants seem to get more vibrant colors. Once in a while you can taste the salt on your lips.
But water water water. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471056455.693177.jpg
Here is a quick photo.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471056513.666727.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471056536.064919.jpg
Sorry I'm a horrible at converting thought to text !

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does that lizard stick around pretty much? I see the pic he had no lizard leash. Are they pretty calm? He has a croc face which is very cool. I might need to look into one of these. Any info appreciated.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, water monitor right? They get very big right? Not for me I think as the room would be limited in the winter, darn it. How big is yours?

ogmoses

10 Year Member!
Okay, water monitor right? They get very big right? Not for me I think as the room would be limited in the winter, darn it. How big is yours?
He is still a baby under 2 feet. But he is very very social and confidant. You have to look up Kevin Mccurly videos from NERD reptile to appreciate what he has done with the breed it is truly amazing!!!!ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1471122629.664009.jpg "are you guys talking about me!"

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I miss my water monitor. He used to roam the back yard and swim with me when he got big. The pool man came on Saturday, so by Thursday there was no chlorine left in the pool. We'd swim together every Friday or Saturday morn before the pool man came. They are an amazing species when you get a good one. I had another one from Sumatra that was the most aggressive lizard I've ever seen. Way worse than any nile monitor I've ever seen.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He is still a baby under 2 feet. But he is very very social and confidant. You have to look up Kevin Mccurly videos from NERD reptile to appreciate what he has done with the breed it is truly amazing!!!!View attachment 183503 "are you guys talking about me!"
Way too cute!