At it again....

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob's been so good all winter, but it rained daily and the grass turned to mud and he mostly stayed inside. However, as I checked on him from my deck, this is what I saw....

IMG_4814.JPG

IMG_4816.JPG

What a jerk. He knocked them over and damaged the white rose You will please notice that all the holes in the cinder blocks have stakes in them.

IMG_4820.JPG

Guess it's t-posts next He looks so proud of himself.
Doesn't he look proud of himself.?

IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4817.JPG

Now he's taller and I think I'm in trouble

Last edited by a moderator:

HLogic

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
View attachment 121978 View attachment 121972 View attachment 121973 View attachment 121974 View attachment 121975 View attachment 121978 Bob's been so good all winter, but it rained daily and the grass turned to mud and he mostly stayed inside. However, as I checked on him from my deck, this is what I saw....What a jerk. He knocked them over and damaged the white roseView attachment 121972 View attachment 121973 View attachment 121974

Can't keep a good man down!

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Could you fill the blocks up with cement? Would that keep him in? Of course then they would be too heavy to carry but maybe he couldn't push them over.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Maybe you can just stand a piece of plywood there so he can't see over the blocks???

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Tee posts cost money. Find a construction site and ask for some scrap pieces of rebar. Ofer them a few bucks to cut them into 3' pieces and drive them into the ground in place of your wood ones. Then fill the blocks with dirt or sand. Concrete makes them permanent but dirt can still be moved later.

M

Maggie Cummings

Tee posts cost money. Find a construction site and ask for some scrap pieces of rebar. Ofer them a few bucks to cut them into 3' pieces and drive them into the ground in place of your wood ones. Then fill the blocks with dirt or sand. Concrete makes them permanent but dirt can still be moved later.
Great idea, thanks....

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He does look so very proud. He also,looks like he is showng you how well he did. Look mom, see how big im getting:D. He's such a hoot.

fanofthedog

5 Year Member
That is hilarious! It seems that mine knows EXACTLY the one thing I dont want him to do- and does it.

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
Well, he's getting taller, so I'm thinking it's time for a solid cedar fence to match the other. He can't see over it....so the whole pen will be cedar. This is the other end from his shed where all the cinder blocks are....View attachment 122007

This picture cracks me up! He needs "starting light tree" and "finish line" on the fence around his track he's built. Bob the Racing Tortoise. What a character!

CourtneyG

5 Year Member
Auburn, Alabama
The picture of him smiling with the broken fence in the background is when I lost it. What a goofy goober.