Are these leoparcatas?

jtymay92

5 Year Member
f85505ceed6a33110eb609326adf5628.jpg
are these hybrid leoparcatas or giant South African leopards babies?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Look like regular leopard babies to me.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Look like regular leopard babies to me.
Me too. Possibly a mix of SA leopards and "regular" leopards.

They could also be leopards from one of the 11 clades that I am not familiar with.

I don't see any sulcata traits in this pic.

What is the source of this pic?

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Every tortoise in the photograph is a leopcata. They all look quite nice.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Looks like leopracatas to me.

The heads are more sulcata shaped.

Leopards will have a starting pattern with a small lighter edge to the dark band around each scute. Sulcatas, and leopracatas do not have that - just a dark border that merges with the dark border of the next scute.

They are the best "leopard like" pattern I've seen in a leopracata, but I haven't seen pictures of many.

jtymay92

5 Year Member
Does anybody know how big these grow? I was wanted to get a ivory sulcata, because I like the color and how big they grow, but I had one these offered to me and if they get huge like a sulcata I will buy one of these instead

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Does anybody know how big these grow? I was wanted to get a ivory sulcata, because I like the color and how big they grow, but I had one these offered to me and if they get huge like a sulcata I will buy one of these instead
I don't know if they have been around long enough to have any adults around to know how big they actually get. My guess, only a guess, would be bigger then a leopard, but not as big as a sully.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida

I know of two males that are ~20-21" scl and they are roughly twenty years old. I have an adult female, among others, that is 22" scl and growing at roughly six years old. I have not actively encouraged her growth beyond a self-guided pace, so she is probably capable of plenty more with enough food as the years go by.

BILBO-03

I know of two males that are ~20-21" scl and they are roughly twenty years old. I have an adult female, among others, that is 22" scl and growing at roughly six years old. I have not actively encouraged her growth beyond a self-guided pace, so she is probably capable of plenty more with enough food as the years go by.
Could we have pics of your female?