Are These Egyptians? Proper ID needed.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings

Just received a question from friends who recently moved to Amman, Jordan. Their gardener thought their kids might enjoy some pet tortoises walking about the yard, but didnt give them a clue what kind they were. Thus their query, What kind of tortoises did we just get? what do we feed them?

Once we properly ID, I'll make sure they get a link to proper feeding and care. The names on the tort's backs are water based and wash right off.

So, here's the pix.

image.jpg

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
There are three different types of Egyptions , mine are light colored , these look to be Greeks but I could be wrong .

kirsty Johnston

5 Year Member
Scotland
I agree they look Greek but @HermanniChris would know for sure. You may need to wash them down and post other pictures from different angles for a correct Id

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
I'm sorry had problem with phone but here is a pict of myEgyption tortImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1435347233.305152.jpg this might help !

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks everyone, and @HermanniChris for the positive ID. I'll make sure the new keepers get the proper links so they can privide good care. Hopefully some more pix too. Apparently, the gardener/neighbor has many others in his collection.

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
egyptians have a very distinct pattern on the underside, turn them over and show the underside. there are triangles...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
This is my Egyptian.................

004 (1).JPG 006 (3).JPG 006 (6).JPG 006 (7).JPG