Anyone going to the Daytona show next month?

paver1960

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern Ohio
Wasn't sure if any forum members attend but it'd be fun to meet some other members.

Craig

Turtlepete

South Florida
I'll be there, unless something comes up :). Look for somebody with white blonde hair, a goofy (or creepy) smile, and probably a tank-top and you found me! Hahaha.

turtlemanfla88

I live in Florida so, I will be going to National Reptile Breeders Expo in August in Daytona Beach I have been since the first one in Orlando.
Mark

paver1960

5 Year Member
Northern Ohio
The show (as all shows) has certainly changed over the years. I've only been going since 2005. I've heard stories about some of the early shows from the '90's. Being from the midwest, the show and the beach are still nice for a couple of days though.

Turtlepete, I see your posts on the other forum. I"ll keep an eye out for you.

Craig

Turtlepete

South Florida
The show (as all shows) has certainly changed over the years. I've only been going since 2005. I've heard stories about some of the early shows from the '90's. Being from the midwest, the show and the beach are still nice for a couple of days though.

Turtlepete, I see your posts on the other forum. I"ll keep an eye out for you.

Craig

I think the availability at that show has most definitely changed. When I went as a kid with my family….Probably 7-8 years old, there were some pretty amazingly rare tortoises for sale there. A trio of bowsprits, a bin full of juvenile chaco's, those were probably the most memorable. Every year I think, if only I knew what I knew now, and wasn't so young at the time :-/. Always funny to see the "Flaming disco paradox tornado fireball!" or whatever on earth ball morph somebody comes up with that looks hardly different from a regular ball, yet they ask thousands of dollars for it, haha. I think the ball morph trade has finally died out a little bit, the new trend seems to be blood python morphs.
The show has noticeably shrunk over the years…..They moved it to the smaller room, and it just seems like the show has died out a little bit. Combination of people having less money to spend, venomous and imports being un-allowed ("technically"), etc., I guess.

Some neat things still pop up though….That trio of A. Spixii last year…..Can't count how many times I was staring at those guys, haha! If only I had $3500 to throw at them, haha.
Wayne has the Coahuilan boxies, Vic Morgan has all of the Emys, always a couple spiders and burmese stars there, John Coakley has the Egyptians, etc...

Definitely looking forward to it :). Kind of a sentimental thing, for me. As a kid I was always selling t-shirts and bags up on the balcony (old room) for the Turtle and Tortoise club of Florida, with my cousin. I distinctly remember our "goodie bag" that we packed with as much candy as we could that the vendors gave out, haha! Good memories.

Camryn

Tampa, FL
Awesome! Great news, my dad is taking me for my birthday. We are booking a room right now for the Daytona Hilton :) So excited, hope to see you there!

turtlemanfla88

every one stop by and say hi I will be there Saturday at the Turtle and Tortoise Club of Florida table. Look for our new banner.

Camryn

Tampa, FL
Don't forget to stop by Pinellas county reptiles. That's where I go all the time, we practically live there :D

paver1960

5 Year Member
Northern Ohio
Excellent. I'll be sure to stop at both the Pinellas table and at the Turtle and Tortoise Club of Florida table.

Craig