Another Newbie (to the Board)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkrdave36

5 Year Member
Hey All

Tis me... Biker Dave from Litchfield Park. Member NAFHA. Among other herps my wife and I have 4 Sulcata and 1 Sonoran Desert Tortoise. They are outdoor dwellers in a walled in area of my backyard. Here are a couple of pictures...
Here I am with with the largest of our crew...
IMGP4225.jpg

And another shot including our little Chihuahua tortoise herder (who loves to roll in the tortoise poop.)
IMGP4216.jpg

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Wow! Quite the tort family. Welcome to the group! Looking forward to chatting with you soon.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
You do a nice job of not looking strained as you hold up that clearly-no-lightweight chelonian there----ugh!:p

The tortoise is looking at you as if to say, "Had enough yet, pal?";)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Dave:

1374984t8oazh7vb1.gif

1200204r0sb28cuvc.gif

to the forum!!

I see that all of your tortoises are together in the same space, and I would be remiss if I didn't point out that its not a good idea to mix species of tortoise...because of the different pathogens each type carries. Having said that and gotten it out of my system, ...

I used to have an '81 Harley with a side car. Beautiful machine!! But after my husband died keeping up the insurance was too much for me and I had to sell it.

What kind of bike do you ride?

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
terryo said:
I'm starting to think that I've lead a very boring life!:(

If you haven't guessed by now, Maggie uses quite a bit of poetic license.

Yvonne

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
terryo said:
I'm starting to think that I've lead a very boring life!:(

Whether Maggie, as Yvonne claims, used poetic license or not....I'm with you Terry - I've led an extremely boring life too - and according to my mother, I was not a conformist. So, now I'm going to have to call my sisters and find out why neither of them ever took me or me them on such a hoot of a ride:)

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
I just want to say I was mostly joking about riding in the sidecar...I was just trying to be funny...

But can I still call my sisters and tell them how much more fun you and Yvonne had "riding"? (My older sister's b-day is coming up and we're taking her away for a "wild" weekend...a cabin, books and movies...sigh).

Dave - I love your "tort herder," cute kerchief he/she is wearing? What's his/her name?

bkrdave36

5 Year Member
I guess I forgot to say...."I know I know dont mix the species." But the mycoplasmosis has made its rounds and we are at peace with the nasal flushing and Baytril. And watching the inter species attempts at copulation. Male Desert Tortoise vs large female Sulcata.....

The tortoise herder is Lucas. He is a 9, or is it 10 year old, male Chihuahua mix. He has one eye.

I'll dig through my photo files and post some pics of the enclosure eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.