1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

An Exception To The Rule

Discussion in 'Cats & Dogs' started by Turtulas-Len, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Turtulas-Len

Turtulas-Len Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

This evening one of my dogs came to the door, so I went to let him in, But he didn't want to come in, he kept going down the step and was acting like he wanted me to come back outside. so I did then he went about 15 feet away from the house and stopped, looked at me like aren't you coming. He was showing me a hatchling box turtle that was on his back. This is the 3rd one this fall that he has pointed out to me. here is a pic of the baby getting a soak Picture 1273.jpg and this is Rocket my turtle saver. Picture 1271.jpg He has always been protective of tortoises and turtles. Back when I had the adult male mep and mee torts it wasn't uncommon for one to get flipped over, when that happened he would bark until it was righted. He wont let squirrels, ground hogs, possums,rabbits or frogs stay in the yard. Snakes he hasn't figured out yet he keeps his distance but barks until it's gone or I go out. I have other dogs that leave the torts alone but Rocket actually looks after them.
  2. wellington

wellington Well-Known Member Moderator 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I hope he always does. Extra little treats I'm sure would help:D
    Turtulas-Len and sibi like this.
  3. sibi

sibi Well-Known Member

Don't know what just happened with my post. But, here we go again. You've got a winner with Rocket! I think he's more about pleasing you. You think?
    Turtulas-Len likes this.
  4. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 5 Year Member Platinum Supporter

Media:
    Albums:
    Rocket is a keeper!
  5. Jodie

Jodie Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That is a good dog! I vote for extra treats too.
  6. Turtulas-Len

Turtulas-Len Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Rocket and his sister, Seven, are both great family members and spoiled beyond belief. Every day after dinner my wife gives each a piece of what we had. Seven even has a chair of her own with a cushion next to me at the table.She has great table manners, and has never tried to snitch food from the table. Then usually about 7 pm the dogs and cats gather in the kitchen for another snack of 3 small servings each of different things. The dogs then go outside for just a very short time because when they come back in they run to our bedroom for a store bought treat.that is the last treat of the day usually.They look different and Seven is getting heavier as they get older, they are almost 7 years old. Here's Seven and half of Kasey seven.jpg
    sibi and Carol S like this.
  7. bigred

bigred Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Media:
    That's very cool
  8. Greta16

Greta16 Active Member

I know this is an old thread but, wow, that is amazing!