ALL ABOUT MY RUSSIAN TORT!!!

YoshMoo04

Okay, so my tort is 7 years old.....even though I got him yesterday. So far he likes strawberries and lettuce. Oh and by the way he has a name ;) it Yoshi. The back story of his name is short....once upon two weeks ago I thought, if I did get a tortoise what would I name it? The following names were bob, hiccup, Shelly, and Leo. It was like a game show, finally I decided the winner is.....THE STRANGE MAN IN THE CONER...YOSHI! So there's that story, any who thank you guys so much for reading my FAB\ boring back story and stuff...byeee

From YoshiMoo04

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Welcome Yoshi!

Remember, Russian tortoises' guts are designed to digest tortoise safe weeds and dark leafy greens (if you us lettuce,use organic Spring mix).
They do best with high fiber, low protein, low sugar foods.
Fruits are high in sugars, and can mess up their digestion. Sure, they will go for fruits, just like kids go for candy.

Here is a good link about a healthy diet;
http://russiantortoise.net/russiantortoisediet.htm

They also love being outside and really thrive there.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . When do we get to see your torts and their enclosures ? Have a great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

mojo

Location (City and/or State)
Hastings, East Sussex
Hi there, I am new member yesterday. I have 2 Hermann girls Kyra and Pippa and my
Little boy Timmy. Love the Horsefields as my Timmy has so much energy is awake before even turn his light on waiting to go in his run outside. He loves his dandelions especially the flowers and loved to climb in his run. Have put netting over the top of mine as h little terror and have lots of seagulls flying low overhead. My girls also have netting over their run to be safe. This is my Timmy.

Attachments

• P_20140614_172757.jpg
    P_20140614_172757.jpg
    798.2 KB · Views: 13