Aldabra tortoise diet

Pabliman23

Location (City and/or State)
Mexico
Hi , im going to acquired an aldabra tortoise in this days maybe in two weeks.

So if someone can say me which food is basic for them, all you can say to me to have a good raising ill be very thankful!!

Thanks for read this post

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Mine graze on the same grasses and weeds that the desert tortoises graze on, and to that I'll add some zucchini, endive, escarole, mulberry leaves, squash leaves, grape leaves and anything else edible growing outside. Be sure to raise him in a warm and humid environment. The humidity is VERY important.

Maitaimommy

Hi , im going to acquired an aldabra tortoise in this days maybe in two weeks.

So if someone can say me which food is basic for them, all you can say to me to have a good raising ill be very thankful!!

Thanks for read this post

Hello, please do plenty of research and make sure you thoroughly understand this species needs before you committ to taking him in.
Best of luck to you:)

Pabliman23

Mexico
Hello, please do plenty of research and make sure you thoroughly understand this species needs before you committ to taking him in.
Best of luck to you:)
Yep, that is precisely why i am informing myself. I have experience with sulcatas and pardalis, thanks for the advice

Pabliman23

Mexico
Mine graze on the same grasses and weeds that the desert tortoises graze on, and to that I'll add some zucchini, endive, escarole, mulberry leaves, squash leaves, grape leaves and anything else edible growing outside. Be sure to raise him in a warm and humid environment. The humidity is VERY important.
Which parameters would be the beso?

Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Which parameters would be the beso?

Thanks!
For diet as many different edible items as possible. Like other torts, the 80 temp day and night with 95-100 basking and a 80% humidity for the first two years should work very well. If you live in a high humidity area, you can let him be outside during the day, provide lots of shade and water and then put him in a closed chamber with the temps and humidity I mentioned for night time.