ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

Laurie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga County, New York
Alpha looks massive! Poor Sampson, saved from the petting zoo and now he's the least productive lol, doesn't he know how lucky he is ?!:p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Masin said:
Why would you run by instead of standing in awe?! :p

I would be standing in awe, but I'm curious what scares these magnificent giants! :D I get curious over the most random things! And then my curiosity drives me mad! :p

:cool:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
zxus95.jpg

i71uvd.jpg

2ro2nuv.jpg

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
What? Now your teaching them to catch mazuri on the fly like tossing a biscuit to a dog? If you can teach one to roll over or fetch that would be pretty awesome!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Zouave said:
What? Now your teaching them to catch mazuri on the fly like tossing a biscuit to a dog? If you can teach one to roll over or fetch that would be pretty awesome!

You caught that, preparation for the traveling circus! :p

AldabraNerd

5 Year Member
Gorgeous feeding photos! I love the way they use their tongue to pick up even rice-grain sized foodstuffs they want. What are the largest food items your Aldabrans get/swallow whole?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
AldabraNerd said:
Gorgeous feeding photos! I love the way they use their tongue to pick up even rice-grain sized foodstuffs they want. What are the largest food items your Aldabrans get/swallow whole?

Well, they get water melon and pumpkins during season that we have seen them take large chunks from. Carrots are what we use to coach them around and they swallow good size chunks with no issues.

AldabraNerd

5 Year Member
Masin said:

Indeed. Or even better: genuflect and offer tasty morsels to the shelled deity as a sign of respect. Or something.

ALDABRAMAN said:
Well, they get water melon and pumpkins during season that we have seen them take large chunks from. Carrots are what we use to coach them around and they swallow good size chunks with no issues.

Thanks; if you by chance have, or could record, video of such feeding, I'd be very grateful if you could share them.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Masin said:

I would be standing in awe, but I'm curious what scares these magnificent giants! :D I get curious over the most random things! And then my curiosity drives me mad! :p

:cool:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
wellington said:
Beautiful pics. Looooove the one resting his head on the water pan. That needs to be framed. BTW Greg, do you ever frame and hang any of your pics? Just wondering:)

Not yet, we have some "mac daddy" shots that we might do something with someday!

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
[/size]
ALDABRAMAN said:
wellington said:
Beautiful pics. Looooove the one resting his head on the water pan. That needs to be framed. BTW Greg, do you ever frame and hang any of your pics? Just wondering:)

Not yet, we have some "mac daddy" shots that we might do something with someday!
[/quote

That would be cool!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Laurie said:
Alpha looks massive! Poor Sampson, saved from the petting zoo and now he's the least productive lol, doesn't he know how lucky he is ?!:p

Yes, Yes, and Yes! ;)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Zouave said:

:rolleyes:

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
AldabraNerd said:
Thanks; if you by chance have, or could record, video of such feeding, I'd be very grateful if you could share them.

No video, loads of pictures!

mkwymc.jpg

5etv6a.jpg

2afe3h0.jpg

s3htzr.jpg

mwxgdz.jpg

17uuir.jpg