Aldabra Buddy haas GROWN!

Mini

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Friendswood
Trying to add new photos... have new lap top that is smarter than me... say tuned

StuMac

5 Year Member
The last one is my favourite...his right leg is just out of shot and with his smile it looks like HE is taking the selfie!

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
There are really nice photos. Also that tortoise looks to be very well cared for, you seem to be doing better than many zoos in that regard. Keep up the good work!

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
How long have you had Buddy? Those photos are cute. :)
I've only had Buddy since December 2013. A friend sold her house and had to give him up. She didn't know what type of tort he was. She had him 6 years, her friend had him 10 years prior. I have 3 veterinarians for Buddy!

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
I find his carapace intriguing, in that it is more domed than all the male Aldabra tort photos I see.
He is make, definitely has an "outie", not an "innie". His tort-hood shows up during shell rubs. lol
He is 25" wide and 34" long.

Attachments

• untitled (7).png
    untitled (7).png
    3.9 MB · Views: 92

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I find his carapace intriguing, in that it is more domed than all the male Aldabra tort photos I see.
He is make, definitely has an "outie", not an "innie". His tort-hood shows up during shell rubs. lol
He is 25" wide and 34" long.

* That is a good picture Mini, are you sure he is a he? It can for sure be very challenging and at times misleading to sex them at that size and age!

Mini

5 Year Member
Friendswood
* That is a good picture Mini, are you sure he is a he? It can for sure be very challenging and at times misleading to sex them at that size and age!
When I rub his shell, a huge odd pink thing comes from/out his tail and sticks out 6 to 8 inches. It has a bulb shaped thing in the middle.
I'm pretty sure it must be his male tort-hood... if you get my drift... lol

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
When I rub his shell, a huge odd pink thing comes from/out his tail and sticks out 6 to 8 inches. It has a bulb shaped thing in the middle.
I'm pretty sure it must be his male tort-hood... if you get my drift... lol

:rolleyes: 100%, LOL!