African Spurred Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

javaturtle

Dear Community,

Due to recent health issues caring for my animals have been very difficult. I have 13 animals. They are all my babies. Most of my pets are over the age of 15 years old. I went through a very difficult years with moving loosing my living situation,2 court battles, five surgeries all while working two jobs and a full time college student. I am not asking for pity but I have finally settled into a loving home that openly love and respect my animals. If it was not for my roommate I would not be here today neither would my animals. I am not looking to get rid of any of my babies but if a avid tortoise lover with amazing credentials is looking for a 18 year old Male African Spurred Tortoise(Java). I am willing to part with Java. My old house was built around Java converting the entire basement towards Javas needs, I lived at my house my whole life and was grandparent raised. Java and all my animals have been part of my families lives for almost 18 years. While I was in the process of purchasing this home from my grandmother her son flipped out and forced her to sign it over to him and I spent almost a year of court battles trying to win the back the house and the 56,000$ i spent in repairing the house to accommodate for my grandparents ailing health needs. Now my uncle is trying to target my tortoise and as per my lawyer there is nothing I can do. The new house can't accommodate to Java with out an addition/extension being built on the house. At this time I am not able to do build an extension. Plus since I am not able to lift him I have had many people helping me and I am now getting worried someone will say something about having a tortoise and his large size. I dont want to loose him. People dont understand that he is a pet and feel they have to intrude. Recently I had an issue with my iguanas. they are totally legal in my state but my neighbor feels, as per her words "having a large green dragon is illegal". I told her I bought my iguanas at a pet store and they grow this big when they are healthy. My one iguana is almost 20 years old and no body will dare to take her! I am very concerned and unless somebody is willing to donate 15k for the addition, I am willing to give Java up for adoption. Or offer advise. I am willing to listen. thank you all for your time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Where are you, and can you post a pic of Java?

This might help you find a good home sooner. Lots of qualified people read this site.

SamAnn

Location (City and/or State)
Southern Maryland
We might be interested if you are local to me and you accept my being a veterinary technician as an acceptable reference. I have 1 sulcata now who is a rescue and he has his own orchardgrass field and bedroom in my sunroom LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.