Advice on Russian Tortoise Health

JohnnaJBD95

I am considering purchasing a male Russian Tortoise in the next few weeks. I found an ad for one that was a rescue. There were not many details about the care he was receiving from the previous owners, but I do know they were soaking him daily as well as applying some sort of cream to his shell. There were also issues with the house cats urinating on him. Needless to say, he developed some shell issues. When he was taken in he did have some soft spots, but have since gone away. He has been in the care of an experienced owner for a few months and she now believes he is ready to be rehomed. He has not been medically treated. She has provided him with all the correct care and he has gradually been getting better on his own. She even said that his darker spots are beginning to come back. I would like some opinions as to what the condition of his shell is. I have posted some pics of him. Does he look like he is healing or does it look like a serious problem? Also, it appears to me that his beak is over grown. What do you think?
IMG_3104.JPG IMG_3100.JPG IMG_3102.JPG IMG_3101.JPG Thank you in advance.