Adult Sulcata in Arizona looking for forever home

sclawson

We're looking for a new home for our 4-5 year old male(I think he's male, has concave plastron), that we've had since a baby. Was intended as a new pet for a family member who didn't end up getting him, so he's been with us. At this point he's gotten a lot more hefty as adult tortoise, aprx 20 or so inches long and 15 wide and heavy and strong, and getting harder to care for. We do like him a lot, but think it would be better for him long term to find someone who's knowledgeable and experienced with adult sulcatas who can give him a proper long term home and treat him well. If you are that person we'd like to hear from you. Pic of him attached.

20160903_164708.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Douglas2016AZ

I happen to live in Tempe and would be interested. Please email me and I will contact you about me adopting your tortoise Douglas

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Be careful of new posters looking for a free tortoise. Ask questions and request a lot of enclosure pictures.

Douglas2016AZ

WOW so much for innocent interest in a tortoise. I don't join sites....ever, the only reason I joined is because that's the only way to reach the individual. I am not understanding the caution and warning but perhaps there is a dark side or ill willed people that make you that way. (maybe its just you and your view on life)
I don't have to explain but I don't care for the negative energy about a positive thing. I have a four year old (5years old this week) that we have been looking for the perfect gift/experience of responsibility. Been looking for babies and there are plenty, thought a grown tortoise would be a better start. I too have been interested in having a tortoise as a pet for a long time. Just been researching for a long while and finally thought I found a perfect situation. I do have experience with this type of pet but has been years. I personally think these are the coolest pets ever.
Sorry you feel this way and feel like you have to warn everyone. I personally think you can tell if someone is a good person and there are more honest and good people out there (have faith).
By the way this was just an inquiry about possibly being the right person to adopt this tortoise

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
WOW so much for innocent interest in a tortoise. I don't join sites....ever, the only reason I joined is because that's the only way to reach the individual. I am not understanding the caution and warning but perhaps there is a dark side or ill willed people that make you that way. (maybe its just you and your view on life)
I don't have to explain but I don't care for the negative energy about a positive thing. I have a four year old (5years old this week) that we have been looking for the perfect gift/experience of responsibility. Been looking for babies and there are plenty, thought a grown tortoise would be a better start. I too have been interested in having a tortoise as a pet for a long time. Just been researching for a long while and finally thought I found a perfect situation. I do have experience with this type of pet but has been years. I personally think these are the coolest pets ever.
Sorry you feel this way and feel like you have to warn everyone. I personally think you can tell if someone is a good person and there are more honest and good people out there (have faith).
By the way this was just an inquiry about possibly being the right person to adopt this tortoise

A lot of times people join the forum to try and acquire a free tort only to sell it and make profit. Nobody said that's what you are doing, just giving caution to the OP to be aware.

And the part about my view on life, way off buddy. I've been a member here for a while and offer up free stuff and even shipped on my dime. Stick around and read, see that a lot of us are here to help. I'm a veteran and have done my fair share in life so you want to question me feel free.

Last edited by a moderator: