Ackie monitor

BILBO-03

These lizards have just fascinated me! I was wondering if any body has some or knows about them, and I would love some pictures;)

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
They are very cool , it was the other lizard type I was looking at when I bought Slick ! They are true "mini monitors" and are very tamable ! Main drawbacks (for me) were they like to dig so much that they suggest the substrate should be a minimum of 2 feet deep ! They are also kind of pricey , if you can find one be prepared to pay between 4&5 100 buckaroo,s !
There was only one at the Reptile Expo and he didn't look that healthy to me ! So , I got Slick and am glad I did ! Here are some Red Acky's ;

ScreenShot2014-10-16at70734PM_zpsd169eb9e.png

BILBO-03

They are very cool , it was the other lizard type I was looking at when I bought Slick ! They are true "mini monitors" and are very tamable ! Main drawbacks (for me) were they like to dig so much that they suggest the substrate should be a minimum of 2 feet deep ! They are also kind of pricey , if you can find one be prepared to pay between 4&5 100 buckaroo,s !
There was only one at the Reptile Expo and he didn't look that healthy to me ! So , I got Slick and am glad I did ! Here are some Red Acky's ;

ScreenShot2014-10-16at70734PM_zpsd169eb9e.png
Yea I don't like the digging or the cost but the fact that they are "mini" monitors is what makes me want them:)

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Yea I don't like the digging or the cost but the fact that they are "mini" monitors is what makes me want them:)
They get about the same size as Slick , about 2 feet long ! enclosure size is about the same , except deeper I guess for all that substrate ! The yellow ackies are a little more reasonably priced , about the same otherwise in fact many "yellows" have a lot of red in them !

lge_yellow_spiny_hand.jpg

BILBO-03

They get about the same size as Slick , about 2 feet long ! enclosure size is about the same , except deeper I guess for all that substrate ! The yellow ackies are a little more reasonably priced , about the same otherwise in fact many "yellows" have a lot of red in them !

lge_yellow_spiny_hand.jpg
Yea I like the size a lot but the price is what gets me! But I'll just have to look around I guess:)