Abnormal Growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NY
I got this girl back in November. A woman was getting rid of her for free and I couldn't resist. I'm sure you all know how it is. She's my second Russian. I realized right away that her shell was weird so we took a trip to the vet. She's healthy and strong. A bit on the heavy side. What is YOUR advice to help her shell? Also, she's pretty antisocial. She goes right into her shell and hisses. Is there anyway I can get get to open up a bit to me? Thanks.

image-2973562428.png

She's very active and moves quickly. Also, she eats well.

got* I mean.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Susan:

I don't see what's wrong with the shell. The picture shows a tortoise that is either captive bred, or has spent lots of years indoors with not much sun. Far as I'm concerned, she's a very pretty Russian tortoise.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I agree I don't see anything wrong, I know my male would love to meet her. As for her being antisocial, just give her time, it may take awhile but russians usually open up sooner or later.

dav3

5 Year Member
Scotland
same, i think the shell is very nice no need for concern

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Give her time she will open up :)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
time,, dont handle her too much, let her adjust..

she looks more elongated then some russians ive seen,, but shell looks ok.. what are you seeing that is abnormal?

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Her shell twists/swirls in terms of the scute arrangement, although the overall shape is fine and I would not have any health concerns regarding this matter. She looks like a LTC animal that has had excellent new growth in human care. I would not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.