A pair of kleinmanni

Mina Adel

They don't eat
I put them in a water plate and added flagyl. (For anaerobic bacteria)
And I gave them vitamins.
Finaly I gave them oral antibiotics dissolved in water and I soaked them in it
But they don't eat..
I put them in sunlight every days
I use lead bulb to make them warm.

1462004386911.jpg 1462004507613.jpg 1462004715877.jpg 1462004758628.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The number one cause we have found here on the forum for a tortoise not eating is they're not warm enough. Can we see a picture of the tortoises' habitat and lights?

Mina Adel

The weather is 40°c ...
We don't need lights
But I bought them from a careless owner he never use lights even in winter .. in winter the weather is 14°c
So they can have respiratory infections that's why I used antibiotics

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
With these two being such different sizes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a difference of opinion going on.

We have explained before that they don't live well as pairs. What with this and the probable worm/parasite issue in your herd there are likely to be multiple other causes as well as a temperature problem.

Mina Adel

With these two being such different sizes, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a difference of opinion going on.

We have explained before that they don't live well as pairs. What with this and the probable worm/parasite issue in your herd there are likely to be multiple other causes as well as a temperature problem.

No worm problem in my herd. It was maggots ..
I have more that 2 tortoises.. only these 2 .. don't eat.. I bought them like that . I think they didn't eat with the previous owner ..

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Can we see pics of their enclosures anyway? Do they have substrate to be on? Or are they on wood floors all the time?
Again it still sounds like they're probably too cold. The floor can be colder then we think.

How did you determine that they were maggots and not parasites?

Mina Adel

Can we see pics of their enclosures anyway? Do they have substrate to be on? Or are they on wood floors all the time?
Again it still sounds like they're probably too cold. The floor can be colder then we think.

How did you determine that they were maggots and not parasites?

That's their enclosure ,

Attachments

• 1462076670201.jpg
    1462076670201.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 76

Mina Adel

They all eat excluding these 2 tortoises .
All are in the same enclosure.
The previous owner was putting these 2 tortoises with Greek tortoises.. and not enough warming too..
I know that's wrong but he did that ?
So I am using amoxicillin as an antibiotic for them ..
Any one has any idea please share it here.. I am sad for them.

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Wow, that's a lot of torts in one area.
Do you bathe them all each day? Do they have access to fresh water every day?
Are you going to separate any of them?
That seems like way too many animals to be housed together happily.
It looks like you're using crushed oyster shells or something, why not just use coco coir throughout the whole enclosure?
It'll help with humidity and be much more comfortable for them.
Do they have anywhere to hide?

Mina Adel

I use oyster shell only on oneside ...
I use caves made of coco coir for hiding but it has

Sara G.

Long Island, New York
Oyster shell is so dry and very difficult to retain humidity with. Plus I would imagine there's a possibility of your torts eating it and having problems.
Honestly if your two new torts aren't eating then they're probably seriously stressed out.
If you're not going to separate them all (which your definitely should) then I would at least recommend changing their enclosure.

Mina Adel

Oyster shell is so dry and very difficult to retain humidity with. Plus I would imagine there's a possibility of your torts eating it and having problems.
Honestly if your two new torts aren't eating then they're probably seriously stressed out.
If you're not going to separate them all (which your definitely should) then I would at least recommend changing their enclosure.
I got these 2 before I got the rest ... and they were not eating as they are now